Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Mounting shares from a Windows PC Post 12126 by SeCBerm on Wednesday 19th of December 2001 03:54:24 PM
Old 12-19-2001
Thanx PxT,

I tried the smbmount program... Smilie Actually, before registering here, I printed out all the man pages related to the Samba suite that I can find--even 116 pages of smb.conf (just so that they're readily avail). And they've helped me out. Honestly, everything I've downloaded from installing Linux to networking it (so far) has helped. But the smbmount man page has got me stumped. Maybe I'm not typing the command in correctly. Can show me an example of how it should me done?

Thanx again.
SeCBerm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. Solaris

windows mounting on sun

i have a problem in my sparc based solaris network i want to mount some of windows directories on sun solaris9 if any body know how to do this please tell me . regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif.suleman
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Mounting of unix NFS to windows XP

is it possible? i will only config on the windows side. is there a third party software to help me accomplish this? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amaru
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help mounting Windows share in UNIX

We recently upgraded one of our engineering servers, and now the lone UNIX box that houses older CAD files can not connect to it. I have tried every variation of mount I can find, but to no avail. Help is appreciated. Here are the specs: Server: Windows 2003 x64 with Unix Services for Windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatterstorm
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mounting Windows Filesystem

i am new to linux i want to know how to create ntfs partition and mount all windows drives in linux please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkmohan18
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Errors when connecting to SMB shares from Windows

Hi all I have a server running Oracle Linux. When i try \\linux-server\share I get prompted for username & password or I get a permission denied error. I see these errors in the messages file on the Linux server: smbd: auth/auth_util.c:create_builtin_administrators(792) Feb 15 10:39:13... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help mounting Samba shares

I have these two shares on my Ubuntu Server: path = /media/share read only = no guest ok = yes path = /var/www read only = noI want to mount them to the directories that I created on my Desktop called "shared" and "www" how do I do this? I ran the command: smbclient -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

8. AIX

Use SMB/CIFS signing when mounting Win shares

Hi, We have a number of Windows Server 2003 shares mounted on our AIX server via CIFS, using a command similar to this: mkcifsmnt -f /test -d testshare -h testserver -c testuser -p pass -w DOMAIN The windows servers are currently being upgraded to 2012, and as part of this they are setting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyG
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Module for recursive listing of remote Windows shares

Hi, I'm looking for a Perl module which can recursively list remote Windows shares from within a Linux machine. I've tried Filesys::SmbClient ans Filesys:SmbClientPars but they just list the current directory Thank You for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
4 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
SMBSTATUS(1)															      SMBSTATUS(1)

NAME
smbstatus - report on current Samba connections SYNOPSIS
smbstatus [ -P ] [ -b ] [ -d ] [ -L ] [ -p ] [ -S ] [ -s <configuration file> ] [ -u <username> ] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the Samba suite. smbstatus is a very simple program to list the current Samba connections. OPTIONS
-P If samba has been compiled with the profiling option, print only the contents of the profiling shared memory area. -b gives brief output. -d gives verbose output. -L causes smbstatus to only list locks. -p print a list of smbd(8) processes and exit. Useful for scripting. -S causes smbstatus to only list shares. -s <configuration file> The default configuration file name is determined at compile time. The file specified contains the configuration details required by the server. See smb.conf(5) for more information. -u <username> selects information relevant to username only. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 2.2 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8) and smb.conf(5) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/ <URL:ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/>) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 SMBSTATUS(1)