Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unbelievable pipe bug
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unbelievable pipe bug Post 12122 by PxT on Wednesday 19th of December 2001 03:07:42 PM
Old 12-19-2001
Re: Unbelievable pipe bug

Quote:
Originally posted by jozsefke

cat postinstall.sh | sh > /dev/null 2>&1

Useless use of cat. Why don't you do:

sh postinstall.sh
or just
./postinstall.sh

??

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it a bug ..?

Hi All, I am using Red Hat Linux on my servers. The problem that I am facing is, sometimes the /opt usage on the server shows used percentage as 100% , when actually it is simply 20%. When I reboot the system, it comes back to 20%.Is this a bug in the system or my settings have gone wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

2. AIX

bug in 43 ???

xxxxserver# lsattr -El inet0 | grep 255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 | grep '.40' route net,-hopcount,1,-netmask,255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 How this is possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where's the bug?

#!/bin/bash if then #echo "infinite loop" exit 0 fi when I run this file I get the following error: ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: `fi' :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir bug

Dear, I have the following script: maak_backup () { echo 'Maken van tijdelijke bestanden, even geduld aub.' for i in /home/yannick/* ; do cp -r $i $i.bac done if ; then echo 'Backup map = OK!' echo 'Bezig met kopiëren, even geduld... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadeki
9 Replies

5. Programming

is this a bug of g++?

Hello, Im using the g++(g++ Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5 4.4.5) and im trying to compile a small snippet code and got into an endless loop.I recompiled that in VS2010 under Windows 7 and the answer is as expected.so i wonder is this a bug of g++?here is my code. #include<iostream> using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1) 						   User Commands						   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-cat. See gvfs-cat(1). gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-cat(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-cat(1)