Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Menu function stuck in a loop? Post 11961 by darthur on Friday 14th of December 2001 03:16:49 PM
Old 12-14-2001
MySQL exec < /dev/tty fixed it

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

My menu function

Below is my menu options code. It allows user to pick one of two option. I can get the first option to work, because if it is selected it just "breaks" and carries on with the script. What i want to know is if a user selects option two how do i get that option to ignore all the other script and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My menu function [new code -revised]

Below is my menu options code. It allows user to pick one of two option. I can get the first option to work, because if it is selected it just "breaks" and carries on with the script. What i want to know is if a user selects option two how do i get that option to ignore all the other script and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Stuck In Loop

Hi all! Im trying to get this script to check for folders in a year/month/day folder structure and if the day doesnt exist then it makes the day. It will also make sure all of the days before todays date exist as well. This script assumes that the month and year folder already exist. It works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl loop keeps getting stuck

I am using a Perl script to open a series of files in a loop, separate the paragraph into lines, and output the lines into a new file. The code works perfectly fine, except when the source file is over a certain size the loop gets stuck and won’t move on to the next file. It still does what it is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: renthead720
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob stuck - where do I put my loop

I'm a noob working on a script to take 3 user inputs. One of them is simply a variable: "poolname". The other 2 are cases: "groupa/groupb" and "enable/disable". "groupa" and "groupb" reference 2 files - groupa.txt or groupb.txt. These files simply consist of a list of server IP addresses and port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *nixnoob
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH- perform a function if user selects option from menu

Hi, I have a script that copies a file from one directory to another and compiles it. What I have now is a menu that calls functions and each function compiles the file. I want to have a function that compiles the file at the end of the script if the user selects options 1-3 in the menu, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special case to skip function in bash menu

In the bash menu below if the variant that is inputted is in the format NM_004004.3:c.274G>T the below works perfectly. My question is if the variant inputted isNM_004004.3:-c.274G>T or NM_004004.3:+c.274G>T then the code as is will throw an error due to a biological issue. Is it possible to to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute function as soon as input is provided in menu drive shell script

Hi All, I have a menu driven scripts. As you know while running the script we have to input the option such as 1,2, and 3 to execute function accordingly. but after selecting the input we have to press Enter. My requirement is to execute function as soon as we press the option. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck with menu in select

hi i am new to bash scripting .. i created a bunch of folders but only want the folder names with file1. so i go in and make an array to grab the folders the put in a file then i strip the directories so i just have the folder names i need then i would like to make the menu with a selection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamby22
3 Replies
xcb_get_selection_owner(3)					   XCB Requests 					xcb_get_selection_owner(3)

NAME
xcb_get_selection_owner - Gets the owner of a selection SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xproto.h> Request function xcb_get_selection_owner_cookie_t xcb_get_selection_owner(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_atom_t selection); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_get_selection_owner_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_window_t owner; } xcb_get_selection_owner_reply_t; Reply function xcb_get_selection_owner_reply_t *xcb_get_selection_owner_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_get_selection_owner_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. selection The selection. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_GET_SELECTION_OWNER. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). owner The current selection owner window. DESCRIPTION
Gets the owner of the specified selection. TODO: briefly explain what a selection is. RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_get_selection_owner_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_get_selection_owner_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_get_selection_owner_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
xcb_atom_error_t selection does not refer to a valid atom. SEE ALSO
xcb-requests(3), xcb_set_selection_owner(3) AUTHOR
Generated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_get_selection_owner(3)