Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how can i store it ?
Top Forums Programming how can i store it ? Post 11498 by shamal on Thursday 6th of December 2001 09:45:33 AM
Old 12-06-2001
Question how can i store it ?

how can i store a value which is larger than a long double value??
please help me..
-sham-

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store username

I would like to write files to a directory (not under the user's home) which includes the userid. Example: userid = john John's home dir is /home/john I want to create a directory /var/prog/john MSG_HOME=/var/prog; export MSG_HOME; USR_NAME=@@@@; export USER_NAME; if ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinplant
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and store

When i grep a file and store it in a file it is storing as a zero byte file any way to avoid that..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot store integer value

Hi , I have code like below in my ksh script, but getting an error as SP2-0253: data item 1 ("SAMPLE_ID") will not fit on line , pls help me. thanks. if (( CHECKS == 0 )) || (( CHECKS == 1 )) then V_SAMPLE_ID=$( $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S / <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bennichan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

store key value

Hi All, I have a string like echo $var D_PROC=20080723 I_REPROC=N C_TYPE_FILE=INBOUND Now I want it be stored in an associative array so that when we echo $arr it should be 20080723 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

5. Programming

Read and Store

How can I read from the user input and store each word individually for example word1 word2 number1 number2 word 3 number3 server 192.25.1.1 55555 22 logged 15 I need to store and manipulate each word/number individually and these inputs are entered by the user. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep and store in a file

Guys, I was wondering what command can be used to parse the "LaxOrdID" field into a separate file? These messages are in thousands and I need to perform a comparision. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store value from a function and use it?

There is one function to calculate previous day value and then touch one file with that date.The problem is i am getting the previous day value but not able to store it in other variable and use it. PREVIOUS_DATE_FUNCTION() { date '+%m %d %Y' | { read MONTH DAY YEAR DAY=`expr "$DAY" -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't store value in the variable

!#bin/bash clear var= grep @gmail.com email.txt | wc -l echo $var echo $var exit 0 OUTPUT: 1000 _ _ Where _ represent space (no value or nothing) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rehan
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Where to store backup?

I am on Ubuntu 18.04 and I have never created a backup. Recently my computer started acting sluggish until I restarted it but it got me concerned. So I figured I better make a backup (work pc) just in case. However, I have honestly never made one before. It's asking me where I want to save the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
6 Replies
REMAINDER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      REMAINDER(3)

NAME
remainder, remainderf, remainderl, remquo, remquof, remquol -- minimal residue functions LIBRARY
Math Library (libm, -lm) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double remainder(double x, double y); float remainderf(float x, float y); long double remainderl(long double x, long double y); double remquo(double x, double y, int *quo); float remquof(float x, float y, int *quo); long double remquol(long double x, long double y, int *quo); DESCRIPTION
remainder(), remainderf(), remainderl(), remquo(), remquof(), and remquol() return the remainder r := x - n*y where n is the integer nearest the exact value of x/y; moreover if |n - x/y| = 1/2 then n is even. Consequently the remainder is computed exactly and |r| <= |y|/2. But attempting to take the remainder when y is 0 or x is +-infinity is an invalid operation that produces a NaN. The remquo(), remquof(), and remquol() functions also store the last k bits of n in the location pointed to by quo, provided that n exists. The number of bits k is platform-specific, but is guaranteed to be at least 3. SEE ALSO
fmod(3), ieee(3), math(3) STANDARDS
The remainder(), remainderf(), remainderl(), remquo(), remquof(), and remquol() routines conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). The remainder is as defined in IEEE Std 754-1985. HISTORY
The remainder() and remainderf() functions appeared in 4.3BSD and FreeBSD 2.0, respectively. The remquo() and remquof() functions were added in FreeBSD 6.0, and remainderl() and remquol() were added in FreeBSD 8.0. BSD
March 30, 2008 BSD