Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: getting input from perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting input from perl Post 11447 by PxT on Wednesday 5th of December 2001 01:02:51 PM
Old 12-05-2001
Why do you need to get more than one line?

$login = <STDIN>;
$password = <STDIN>;

should each read one line from the keyboard. Is that what you are tying to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Variable input via HTML

I am completely new to perl and am just going over the tutorials right now. What I am trying to attempt is to take the input from the HTML (in a form) and use those variables in a perl script. I've looked everywhere for a simple example on how to do this and cannot find it or do not understand... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Silent Input

I would like to use the WWW::Mechanize module to access a webpage that is password-protected. I was wondering if there was a way to make the input silent when asked from the script. For example: What is your password: <password> Where <password> is where you put your password, but is silent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightysix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass shell-vars into perl for input loop

I need to process a file line-by-line using some value from a shell variable Something like:perl -p -e 's/$shell_srch/$shell_replace/g' input.txt I can't make the '-s' work in the '-p' or '-n' input loop (or couldn't find a syntaxis.) I have searched and found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Need Help on perl input

Hi, I am beginner perl input I just want to know if I want to make a program that let user input a function such as input " < value " List all files that are less than value The current directory is used. eg input " < 5" list all file that less than 5 in current directory until user input "quit" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input - Perl need Help

If I want all user input to start with " : " if not display error or what I asking is how to do if statement that control a first letter of string that we want to start with. and not worry about the rest Thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

user input in perl?

Please tell me how to write a perl script that asks the user to enter words and that passes them to a variable. In bash, the "read" command would achieve such user interaction. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter files: " vFiles However, I am looking for perl version of something equivalent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

silent Input in PERL

Hello Experts, I am learning perl. I know ksh/bash/csh... In ksh I use to do this way... to read user input in silent mode so that nothing returns on the screen. stty -echo read -r pswd stty echo Please let me know the way in perl how to do it. Here are my OS and Perl Details... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explorer007
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in parsing an input in perl

I am executing a command it is returning me something like this name ip port ------------------------------------ http-listener-1 * 6712 http-listener-2 * 8709 I have a subroutine getListenerName($porttobeChecked) This subroutine returns me the name of the listener if i pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input in perl code

Hello friends . I am newbie to perl scripting but still managed to write a code but i am stuck at a place where i need help . Below is the code and can someone help me in taking user input for changing the font size for a html table .Thank you in advance #!/bin/ksh echo " Enter the Directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to read user input

I am creating a bash that uses perl . The below code closes before the input is entered. If I run the perl as a .pl it is fine. What am I doing wrong? Thank you :). #!/bin/bash cd 'C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget' wget -O getCSV.txt http://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/data/getCSV.csv print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)