Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dleting a Device in AIX 4.3
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dleting a Device in AIX 4.3 Post 1130 by djassi on Friday 9th of February 2001 03:14:14 PM
Old 02-09-2001
Tools Eureka!!! The Solution.

Well, I found the solution.

I used the pdisable command and took the TTY in question "off-line". And then used smit to edit and delete the TTY finally.

Thanks though, Neo.

Djassi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Telnet disconnects on handheld device AIX

I have intermec handheld device which is connecting to AIX Server on port 12431 or whatever. ( oracle application ) The handheld device connects for few seconds and then disconnects from the AIX server. Once it disconnects the handheld device automatically switches off. Are there any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

2. AIX

rmdev won't remove disk device AIX

Hi all, I'm attempting to remove some EMC hdisk devices which we recently had made available to one of our backup servers. This is an AIX 5.3 server. When I try doing an rmdev I get the following: root@********:/dev# rmdev -d -l hdisk495 Method error (/usr/lib/methods/ucfgdevice): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.J.Hund
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX dump device not showing accurate size

I am trying to configure dump devices on my AIX server. Running 7100-03-04-1441. My dump device needs to be about 2GB in size. My PP Size is 1024MB, so I create the device with 2 PPs. When I run lslv on the dump device, it shows the 2 PPs, and a PP Size of 1024 megabytes. However, a dumpcheck... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.2 - Error initializing a device into the kernel.

On a fresh bare metal (no LPARs) install of AIX 7.2 running cfgmgr is returning.. # cfgmgr Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm2 ): 0514-040 Error initializing a device into the kernel. Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm3 ): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - NIC device explanation need

Hello, I have some doubt about the NIC device on my AIX box. When using lsdev command / > lsdev -Cc adapter | grep en ent0 Available 03-00 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express Adapter (14104003) ent1 Available 03-01 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express Adapter (14104003) ent2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
11 Replies
SNP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    SNP(4)

NAME
snp -- tty snoop interface SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/snoop.h> int ioctl(fd, SNPSTTY, &dev); int ioctl(fd, SNPGTTY, &dev); int ioctl(fd, FIONREAD, &result); DESCRIPTION
/dev/snp is a snoop device which allows users to attach to any tty and watch activities on it. The kernel must be compiled with device snp, or the snp module must be loaded, for these devices to be available. To associate a given snp device with a tty to be observed, open the snp device and a tty device, and then issue the SNPSTTY ioctl on snp device. The argument passed to the ioctl(2) is the address of a variable of type int, holding the file descriptor of a tty device. To detach the snp device from a tty use a pointer to a value of -1. The SNPGTTY ioctl returns information about the current tty attached to the open snp device. The FIONREAD ioctl returns a positive value equal to the number of characters in a read buffer. Special values defined are: SNP_OFLOW device overflow occurred, device detached. SNP_TTYCLOSE tty not attached. SNP_DETACH snp device has been detached by user or tty device has been closed and detached. SEE ALSO
pty(4), sio(4), kldload(8), watch(8) HISTORY
The snp device first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. In FreeBSD 8.0 the snp driver was rewritten to work with the replaced TTY subsystem. AUTHORS
The author of the current implementation is Ed Schouten <ed@FreeBSD.org>. Previous versions of snp were based on code written by Ugen J.S. Antsilevich <ugen@NetVision.net.il>. BUGS
This version of snp does not return proper error codes when calling FIONREAD. It also does not allow SNPSTTY to detach itself from the TTY. BSD
November 5, 2008 BSD