Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: samba / cifs on HPUX 11
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers samba / cifs on HPUX 11 Post 11185 by sushrut on Friday 30th of November 2001 01:35:51 AM
Old 11-30-2001
I can see the mahcine on network

Now I can see the mahcine on network using find computer.
I have to provide IP address to search.
ANy way..
But when I double click, it says not allowed from this station.

This seems to be the problem with host allow settings.

I want to give access to all the machines. Also I have DHCP. so my IP will change.

I am trying to configure with domain security.

Thank you for help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configur CIFS on HPUX 11

Can you pls. help me to configure CIFS on HPUX 11. How to I specify the machine name? I just cant see the machine on NT network neighour hood. Thanks for help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushrut
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cifs + 2 gb

Hi all, I am using script to take mysql database backup... its arrround 12 GB ...... I have used tar -a , cp -a and rsync -a to take backup on CIFS mounted drive but it fails to take backup more than 2 GB as well as not able to take backup with ownership,timestamps. Conf files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

OS X - cifs - What's Up?

Can all you OS X xperts help me? OS X Leopard 10.5.6: mount -t cifs -o username=name,password=secret //server/share /mnt/dir Works from every linux box I have ever used. This does not work from the OS X terminal. Why? The gui/finder/go: cifs://server/share just works... command line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjohnsoia
2 Replies

4. AIX

cifs

Hi, I want to access windows folder from aix and viceversa. Is it possible to do that? I came to know we can do that from cifs but when tried to install cifs.base.cmd 3.2.1.0 cifs.base.lic 3.2.1.0 cifs.base.smit 3.2.1.0 cifs.basic.rte 3.2.1.0 cifs.client.rte 3.2.1.0 cifs.websm.apps 3.2.1.0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

7. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Samba for HPUX

Hi guys: Im new on unix specialy on HPUX and i would like to install this software to share files with windows hosts. The thing is that I need to know how to install samba but i not find any instalation guide on the internet. Sorry about the question but as I told you Im new on unix. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RamiroEspinoza
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux

I have configured samba for working with and external ldap(ad windows2003+openldap backend to obtain the same uid and gid on all linux machines) On linux works perfect,and i get the same uid for a X user on all machines. On solaris11 and hpux 11.31 not wbinfo -u works fine wbinfo -g works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)