Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting Unix files from DOS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting Unix files from DOS Post 11001 by theDirtiest on Tuesday 27th of November 2001 07:42:01 AM
Old 11-27-2001
are you permissions set up to allow you to delete?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compressing files from DOS to Unix

As the title sugests I need to compress files from DOS to Unix. The files should be in .Z format, as created using 'compress' in an Unix environment. Ligs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligs
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos to Unix conversion

Hi ! I need to convert a DOS batch file to Unix Shell script. Can anybody help me by providing equivalent Unix shell script code to this DOS batch code?. for /F "tokens=2,3,4 delims=/- " %%i in ("%date%") do set DateStamp=%%k%%i%%j Any help would be great. Thanks, John. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john413
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrb78
1 Replies

4. SCO

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrb78
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos-Unix Connectivity

Hi, Is there any method to connect unix box(Excecuting unix commands through Batch Files) through DOS prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/MS-DOs scipt

Is any one who know a good tutorial for Unix bash script and Ms-Dos scipt?? if yes, if is possible to upload it or give me the link??? What is the difference betwwen uvix and ms-dos script?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tom2
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem deleting multiple files using rm in UNIX

I'm baffled..... the system I work on creates files every Mon-Friday I'm trying to delete all files older than 30 days old from a Unix prompt, the command I'm using is: find /directory/ -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \; however it returns /directory/filename: 644 mode ? (y/n) for every file! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bquattrone
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files using UNIX

Hi All , I am using the below if condition to delete files . if then if ; then log_err "Trigger File ${LINKTRIGGER} does not exist!" fi log_msg "Deleting the Linktrigger" rm -v ${LANDINGDIR}/${LINKTRIGGER}.* else if ; then log_err "Trigger File ${TRGFILE} does not exist!" echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
11 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Deleting all files containing string (WINDOWS DOS)

So I want to skim through all folders (ongoing from the curr dir) and delete all files that contain the string: "in conflikt standing copy". Is this possible WITH DOS ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies
delete clearinghouse(1m)												  delete clearinghouse(1m)

NAME
delete clearinghouse - Deletes the specified clearinghouse from the local server system SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete clearinghouse clearinghouse-name ARGUMENT
The full name of the clearinghouse. DESCRIPTION
The delete clearinghouse command deletes a clearinghouse from the local server system. CDS does not permit you to delete a cleared clear- inghouse. Before you can delete a cleared clearinghouse, you must recreate it using the create clearinghouse command. The delete clearinghouse command automatically deletes all read-only replicas from a clearinghouse. CDS does not permit you to delete a clearinghouse that contains a master replica. See the DCE Directory Service module of the DCE Administration Guide for more information about handling master replicas when deleting a clearinghouse. Permissions Required You must have write and delete permission to the clearinghouse and administer permission to all directories that store replicas in the clearinghouse. The server principal needs delete permission to the associated clearinghouse object entry and administer permission to all directories that store replicas in the clearinghouse. NOTES
It is recommended that you delete all replicas except the root before issuing this command. This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes a clearinghouse named /.:/sales/Orion_CH from the local server system: cdscp> delete clearinghouse /.:/sales/Orion_CH RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: clear clearinghouse(1m), create clearinghouse(1m), list clearinghouse(1m), set cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m), show clearing- house(1m), show cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m) Books: DCE Administration Guide delete clearinghouse(1m)