Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to unsetenv ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to unsetenv ? Post 10930 by jamesbond on Sunday 25th of November 2001 02:44:55 PM
Old 11-25-2001
how to unsetenv ?

I executed the following lines twice (accidentally)

setenv JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.1.8
setenv PATH $JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

I'm in the tcsh shell (freebsd 4.1.1)
When I do : echo $PATH it shows up like this:

/usr/local/jdk1.1.8=/bin /usr/local/jdk1.1.8=/bin

1 .How can I remove one of those ? ( I tried unsetenv, but I didn't succeed)

2. Why does it add a '=' in the path? Is this correct?

MANPATH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						MANPATH(1)

NAME
manpath -- display search path for manual pages SYNOPSIS
manpath [-Ldq] DESCRIPTION
The manpath utility determines the user's manual search path from the user's PATH, and local configuration files. This result is echoed to the standard output. -L Output manual locales list instead of the manual path. -d Print extra debugging information. -q Suppresses warning messages. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The manpath utility constructs the manual path from two sources: 1. From each component of the user's PATH for the first of: - pathname/man - pathname/MAN - If pathname ends with /bin: pathname/../man Note: Special logic exists to make /bin and /usr/bin look in /usr/share/man for manual files. 2. The configuration files listed in the FILES section for MANPATH entries. The information from these locations is then concatenated together. If the -L flag is set, the manpath utility will search the configuration files listed in the FILES section for MANLOCALE entries. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables affect the execution of manpath: MANLOCALES If set with the -L flag, causes the utility to display a warning and the value, overriding any other configuration found on the system. MANPATH If set, causes the utility to display a warning and the value, overriding any other configuration found on the system. PATH Influences the manual path as described in the IMPLEMENTATION NOTES. FILES
/etc/man.conf System configuration file. /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf Local configuration files. SEE ALSO
apropos(1), man(1), whatis(1), man.conf(5) BSD
September 1, 2010 BSD