Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking troubles networking Windows machines to RH7.1 Linux Post 10828 by PxT on Wednesday 21st of November 2001 04:03:11 PM
Old 11-21-2001
Check out the SMB HOWTO: http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/SMB-HOWTO.html

or the Documentation of www.samba.org

for tons of info.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking UNIX with WINDOWS

I am not that great with unix yet, We use them to run our test equipnemt for work. I am now trying to set them all up on the same network (hub) Is there a way that you can make the Windows unit see the Unix Box? I can only transfer file through a FTP program from the Unix to windows. ( This all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrb22250
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking Linux 2 windows server

How do i network my linux 7 machine to a windows 98 server.I can ping them but how do i see them in explorer and how can i surf in netscape on my linux machine? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

networking linux to windows server

I have a linux 7 machine and i want to able to connect it to my windows 98 server.What do i do.They can ping each other but how do i make them see each other e.g be able to copy and send files to each other and surf??? how do i set up netscape to connect to my servers web server??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Troubles Installing RH7.2

Hi all, OK, I have two boxes; one P-III(600Mhz/384M Ram/XP) and the other an AMD-K6-2(500Mhz). I'm also utilising a KVM (2-port) switch and have a MS keyboard and MS mouse connected. When I attempt to install RH 7.2 (on the AMD box) the mouse cursor takes off to the top-right of the console... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake and Windows XP networking

I have a main computer which is running windows xp and has my internet connection. I also have my laptop which is running mandrake 9.0. I am completely new to lunix and was wondering how to network the two together so i can share my modem (can't afford broadband yet) In windows xp there were no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kickyr
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Windows and Linux OS for HP-UX machines

Hi All, I'm not sure if this has been posted before. Anyone knows a site how to do a hardware check (ex. ioscan) on an HP-UX machine that runs in Linux,Solaris and Windows? I'm checking the docs.hp.com and it gives me HP-UX stuff. does HP even supports such highlevel commands we use on HP-UX OS?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grumash
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Discover Windows machines in other network

I have my Windows computer in network 192.168.1.0/24 plugged into one interface of my router. I have another port on the router as network 192.168.168.0/24 where my nas is plugged in. Now Windows doesn't discover my NAS automatically, of course. Anyone know what would be the most elegant way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awayand
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)