Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I need help with fgrep or grep Post 10805 by jimmy on Wednesday 21st of November 2001 10:50:02 AM
Old 11-21-2001
Data I need help with fgrep or grep

How can I do an and condition with fgrep.

I want to do:

ps -ef | fgrep -f searchvalues > tempmail.file
mailx -s "Email Subject" email@domain.com < tempmail.file

The search values file contains:
opt/bea.*java.*80
mysqld

What I want is to find things that contain:
mysqld OR
opt/bea AND java AND 80

This doesn't work. Do I have the syntax wrong?

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fgrep

Hi Guys, Can anyone explain why I'm getting error below? when I execute in other server there is no error, what could be the reason. $ fgrep -f timecell.txt ldap_prev.dat wordlist too large $ wc -l timecell.txt ldap_prev.dat 372461 timecell.txt 3722878 ldap_prev.dat Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fgrep fails...!?

Hi all, I need to transport a number of files from one server to other. I like to ensure the integrity using file checksum values. The action plan is, 1. create the list of checksum values for all the files using cksum command in source server. 2. Transfer all the files including the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FGREP question

Hi, I need fgrep to search all files in the subdirectories in /var/spool/postfix/defer/... How can I issue such a command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Difference grep, egrep and fgrep

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me the difference between grep, egrep and fgrep with examples. I am new to unix environment.. Your help is highly appreciated. Regards, ravi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravind27
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Vs Fgrep

Hi All, I have 2 files new.txt and old.txt cat new.txt sku1|v1|v2|v3 sku2|v11|v22|v33 sku3|v11|v22|v33 cat old.txt sku1|vx1|vx2|vx3 sku2|vx11|vx22|vx33 sku3|v11|v22|v33 The key column in both files are first column itself. I want to get records in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fgrep or grep or awk help - scanning for delimiters.

Hi, I'm struggling a little here, so I figured it's time to ask for help. I have a file with a list of several hundred IDs (the hit file- "hitfile.txt"), which is newline delimited, and a much bigger (~500Mb) text file, "FASTA.txt" with several thousand entries, delimited by ">". It's the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tbox
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/fgrep/egrep for a very large matrix

All, I have a problem with grep/fgrep/egrep. Basically I am building a 200 times 200 correlation matrix. The entries of this matrix need to be retrieved from another very large matrix (~100G). I tried to use the grep/fgrep/egrep to locate each entry and put them into one file. It looks very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: realwindfly
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe and fgrep

Hi , Please help me resolve the below issue. I need to combine the below two command into one. grep 'ImanItemP' import.report| tr -s ' ' | cut -f2 -d ' ' > tmp.txt fgrep -v -f tmp.txt input.txt > reuired file.txt Thanks Ramesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh12621
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fgrep/grep -f and literal strings

I have a file like this: cat file name = server jobname = 1010 snapshot_name = funky_Win2k12_20140213210409 I'm trying to use grep to isolate that first line (name = server), but grep -f "name = " file as well as fgrep "name = " file returns all 3 lines. How do I return... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampsys
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fgrep -v

Using the fgrep command with the -v option. I have two files: file1: dog 1 cat 3 bird 5 fish 7file2: dog catUsing fgrep -v file2 file1 According to the fgrep man page, the output should be bird5 fish 7 but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
2 Replies
MYSQL_INSTALL_DB()														MYSQL_INSTALL_DB()

NAME
mysql_install_db - initialize MySQL data directory SYNOPSIS
mysql_install_db [options] DESCRIPTION
mysql_install_db initializes the MySQL data directory and creates the system tables that it contains, if they do not exist. To invoke mysql_install_db, use the following syntax: shell> mysql_install_db [options] Because the MySQL server, mysqld, needs to access the data directory when it runs later, you should either run mysql_install_db from the same account that will be used for running mysqld or run it as root and use the --user option to indicate the user name that mysqld will run as. It might be necessary to specify other options such as --basedir or --datadir if mysql_install_db does not use the correct locations for the installation directory or data directory. For example: shell> bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql --basedir=/opt/mysql/mysql --datadir=/opt/mysql/mysql/data mysql_install_db needs to invoke mysqld with the --bootstrap and --skip-grant-tables options (see Section 2.3.2, "Typical configure Options"). If MySQL was configured with the --disable-grant-options option, --bootstrap and --skip-grant-tables will be disabled. To handle this, set the MYSQLD_BOOTSTRAP environment variable to the full path name of a server that has all options enabled. mysql_install_db will use that server. mysql_install_db supports the following options, which can be specified on the command line or in the [mysql_install_db] and (if they are common to mysqld) [mysqld] option file groups. o --basedir=path The path to the MySQL installation directory. o --force Cause mysql_install_db to run even if DNS does not work. In that case, grant table entries that normally use host names will use IP addresses. o --datadir=path, --ldata=path The path to the MySQL data directory. o --rpm For internal use. This option is used by RPM files during the MySQL installation process. o --skip-name-resolve Use IP addresses rather than host names when creating grant table entries. This option can be useful if your DNS does not work. o --srcdir=path For internal use. The directory under which mysql_install_db looks for support files such as the error message file and the file for populating the help tables. This option was added in MySQL 5.1.14. o --user=user_name The login user name to use for running mysqld. Files and directories created by mysqld will be owned by this user. You must be root to use this option. By default, mysqld runs using your current login name and files and directories that it creates will be owned by you. o --verbose Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. o --windows For internal use. This option is used for creating Windows distributions. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MYSQL_INSTALL_DB()