Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: related to web
Special Forums IP Networking related to web Post 10620 by Neo on Sunday 18th of November 2001 11:31:46 AM
Old 11-18-2001
If you are talking about Internet domains, the two terms are used to mean the same thing.... .name server and domain name server (no difference).

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies
PPTPSETUP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      PPTPSETUP(1)

NAME
pptpsetup - Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol setup SYNOPSIS
pptpsetup --create <TUNNEL> --server <SERVER> [--domain <DOMAIN>] --username <USERNAME> [--password <PASSWORD>] [--encrypt] [--start] pptpsetup --delete <TUNNEL> DESCRIPTION
PPTP Client is a Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD client for the proprietary Microsoft Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol, PPTP. This script configures PPTP Client on Linux. OPTIONS
--create TUNNEL create a tunnel named TUNNEL --delete TUNNEL delete the file /etc/ppp/peers/TUNNEL and any lines from /etc/ppp/chap-secrets that contains "TUNNEL" as a single word --server SERVER the IP address or host name of the server --domain DOMAIN the authentication domain name (optional) --username USERNAME the username you are to use --password PASSWORD the password you are to use. If you don't specify a password, pptpsetup will ask for one. --encrypt whether encryption is required --start whether the connection should be started after configuration. AUTHOR
Nelson Ferraz <nferraz at gmail.com>, based on James Cameron's PPTP Client Debian HOWTO. SEE ALSO
PPTP Client Debian HOWTO http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-debian.phtml PPTP Client Diagnosis HOWTO http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-diagnosis.phtml COPYRIGHT
pptpsetup - Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol setup Copyright (C) 2006 Nelson Ferraz This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 PPTPSETUP(1)