Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl CGI.pm
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl CGI.pm Post 10575 by PxT on Friday 16th of November 2001 11:57:09 AM
Old 11-16-2001
I think your "if" statement should be something like:

if $query->param('action') eq "detail"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning CGI using Perl

hi everyone, i am learning CGI using Perl, but i am having problem to compile and run the scripts. the thing is that, when i want to compile my scripts i have to get connected to the internet and have to upload the scripts to a server and then only i can compile and run my scripts. so, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checkbox_group => CGI, Perl

Hi, In my cgi script(written in Perl using cgi.pm) i have a checkbox and i want all the items to be checked. Here is what i use: checkbox_group(-name=>'studenten_in_groep', -values=>\@member_keys, -defaults=>\@member_keys, -labels=>\%temp_members, -columns=>2), But no boxes are checked...... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI Query

Hi All, This is quite a high level question so I appologise as if it sounds a bit woolly! I'm running a script via apache's cgi-bin that calls another Perl script (from a browser): http://192.168.000.000/cgi-bin/run_script.pl?SCRIPT=test.pl&text=RANDOM+TEXT&INPUT1=444444444444 This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

4. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI in Perl

Hi, Am unfamiliar with using CGI modules in Perl. Though i checked in few sites about CGI , i dint get a clear idea. Can anyone please explain me the purpose of these statements, it ll be very helpful to me #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI qw/:standard/; use Storable; use Data::Dumper; my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Perl CGI

I am trying to get my MacBook Pro with 10.8 Mt Lion set up to run Perl CGI scripts. Having a problem. I can start Apache Web Server with no problems. Why do I put the static and dynamic scripts? I which directory? I have looked at this article:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL-CGI learning

Hello All, I am actually learning PERL and more interested to learn CGI script too. Can any suggest a forum or weblink which is more helpful for a dummy CGI developer. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
6 Replies
PG_SEND_PREPARE(3)														PG_SEND_PREPARE(3)

pg_send_prepare - Sends a request to create a prepared statement with the given parameters, without waiting for completion.

SYNOPSIS
bool pg_send_prepare (resource $connection, string $stmtname, string $query) DESCRIPTION
Sends a request to create a prepared statement with the given parameters, without waiting for completion. This is an asynchronous version of pg_prepare(3): it returns TRUE if it was able to dispatch the request, and FALSE if not. After a suc- cessful call, call pg_get_result(3) to determine whether the server successfully created the prepared statement. The function's parameters are handled identically to pg_prepare(3). Like pg_prepare(3), it will not work on pre-7.4 versions of PostgreSQL. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. When $connection is not present, the default connection is used. The default connection is the last connection made by pg_connect(3) or pg_pconnect(3). o $stmtname - The name to give the prepared statement. Must be unique per-connection. If "" is specified, then an unnamed statement is cre- ated, overwriting any previously defined unnamed statement. o $query - The parameterized SQL statement. Must contain only a single statement. (multiple statements separated by semi-colons are not allowed.) If any parameters are used, they are referred to as $1, $2, etc. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, FALSE on failure. Use pg_get_result(3) to determine the query result. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using pg_send_prepare(3) <?php $dbconn = pg_connect("dbname=publisher") or die("Could not connect"); // Prepare a query for execution if (!pg_connection_busy($dbconn)) { pg_send_prepare($dbconn, "my_query", 'SELECT * FROM shops WHERE name = $1'); $res1 = pg_get_result($dbconn); } // Execute the prepared query. Note that it is not necessary to escape // the string "Joe's Widgets" in any way if (!pg_connection_busy($dbconn)) { pg_send_execute($dbconn, "my_query", array("Joe's Widgets")); $res2 = pg_get_result($dbconn); } // Execute the same prepared query, this time with a different parameter if (!pg_connection_busy($dbconn)) { pg_send_execute($dbconn, "my_query", array("Clothes Clothes Clothes")); $res3 = pg_get_result($dbconn); } ?> SEE ALSO
pg_connect(3), pg_pconnect(3), pg_execute(3), pg_send_execute(3), pg_send_query_params(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_SEND_PREPARE(3)