Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gateways
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers gateways Post 10311 by cybler on Monday 12th of November 2001 02:37:59 PM
Old 11-12-2001
First, what UNIX OS do you have on these locations? Every one is a bit different in how it stores network information.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

2 gateways on the same unix box

Hello there: I have these situation : I have a unix sco openserver 5.0.7 box and a windows server 2003. There is a main office and 2 remote office that log in trough a vpn tunnel. One tunnel From Main to remote1 and the other from Main to remote 2. Problem! The dsl connection i have is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. AIX

setup of 2 gateways on AIX

Please, anybody help on resolving the following problem? I have 2 netwotks ( 10.0.0.0 and 10.0.11.0 ) on 2 different areas I need both networks to telnet the corresponding ethernet card. This is a prblem because AIX is configured with a default gateway. Please advice how to assign 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mynikolas
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Configuring 1 Nic card with 2 IP addresses and 2 seperate default Gateways in Solaris

Hi ...... I'm trying to configure my Solaris servers with only one NIC card to have 2 IP addresses as well as 2 different default gateways. ( NOT to be confused with multi-pathing - with 2 physical IPs & 1 virtual ip) Thanks, Remi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuring 2-gateways in linux

Hi, I want to configure 2-gateways in Linux . Please tell me how I can achieve this. I am accesing 2-internet connection through these 2-gateways. So I am looking that if 1-gets down then also other one is working. Regards JAGDISH (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

5. AIX

2 default gateways

I have a bunch of servers on AIX, we have at least 2 NIC cards in each of them. We upgraded them from AIX 4.2 to AIX 5.2. Since then when we reboot a server its always coming up with 2 default gateways. Habitually this is not a problem but sometime its causing some connection problem. We... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
10 Replies

6. BSD

Two gateways

I have a web server running FreeBSD 7.2, i have configured two NICs in the following way: fxp0: 200.14.xxx.254 sk0: 200.12.xxx.4 gateway: 200.14.xxx.1 both ip addresses are public but only those requests to fxp0 are successful. I have tried configuring nat and binat in sk0 but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables / ip route packet routing with multiple gateways

Hi all. Linux noob here. I was hoping someone could help me with configuring some routing rules on my router, an Asus AC68. The router is connected to two gateways, wan0_gateway and wan1_gateway. I have rules set up in the router gui that will push all traffic from every IP other than my own... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bishi
0 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. In addition, network namespaces isolate the UNIX domain abstract socket namespace (see unix(7)). A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)