Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tips Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris tips Solaris Post 102485 by chanfle on Saturday 18th of March 2006 10:00:18 AM
Old 03-18-2006
tips Solaris

hi all...
I need to know, how I can create a log when the user loggin and logout...day and hour....any person help me.....
thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tips on startup?

I'm running a small FreeBSD 5.1 system @ home. Whenever you log in with a normal account (not root) the system displays a random tip (commands, etc.) after the MOTD. I'd like to turn this feature off so that my custom MOTD fits on one screen. Is this posible at all? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: McFlashbang
3 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

Welcome to Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials was created partially as an overflow from our Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. We noticed that some of the info in that forum did not really answer a question that is frequently asked. We want to keep the FAQ forum small so that it is easily browsed. Also, a few users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

linux tips

Hi, I am working on a linux install to a desktop pc and will configure this onto our main server once happy with the functions etc. I am actually a HP and AIX sys admin and was looking for the best ways to: create a bootable file that can be copied to dvd-rw / cd-rw or to dds be able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
8 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Solaris tips and tricks

What do you think could we open new top topic with tips and tricks and to show to other users some tricks what do we know like dtrace , new virtual server , how to add new users etc. This is only suggestion (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just asking - Tips on how to maintain your scripts ..

Hi all, Just writing to ask if any one can advise on what tools to use best for maintaining your scripts ... preferably free/open source and portable if there is one, that is, one that can be placed and run on a USB stick ... At the moment, am having them in directories and files and no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tips

hi... I want some tips for standardizing shell script code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xerox
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 performance optimization tips

Hi, I need general tips for solaris 11 performance optimization. For example - disable the unused services, etc. Thanks, Bhavin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavin1
2 Replies
LOGIN(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  LOGIN(3)

NAME
login, logout, logwtmp -- login utility functions (DEPRECATED) SYNOPSIS
#include <util.h> void login(struct utmp *ut); int logout(const char *line); void logwtmp(const char *line, const char *name, const char *host); DESCRIPTION
The login(), logout(), and logwtmp() functions are DEPRECATED; use pututxline(3) instead. These functions operate on the database of current users in /var/run/utmpx and the system log file. Superuser permission is required. The login() function updates the /var/run/utmpx files with user information contained in ut (after converting to a struct utmpx, as described in pututxline(3)). The logout() function removes the entry from /var/run/utmpx corresponding to the device line. The logwtmp() function adds an entry to the system log file. Since login() will add the appropriate entry during a login, logwtmp() is usu- ally used for logouts. RETURN VALUES
logout() returns non-zero if it was able to find and delete an entry for line, and zero if there is no entry for line in /var/run/utmpx. However, there is no error indication due to lack of permissions. FILES
/dev/* /var/run/utmpx SEE ALSO
pututxline(3), utmp(5), utmpx(5) BSD
December 14, 1995 BSD