Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Just starting my Solaris 10 upgrade - Need Help Post 102418 by PapaPark on Friday 17th of March 2006 02:30:49 PM
Old 03-17-2006
correct...

i type boot cdrom - text because I can't do the GUI install and I get this error now

can't open boot device

Boot device: disk:a File and args:

I tried to do some searching and I read something about mounting or making sure the path to the cdrom is correct.. whatever that means.

I verified that the system can read the cd drive so now it's just a matter of symantecs

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 upgrade on Sun Fire 3800

Hello there! I have Sun Fire 3800 with very old Solaris 9 and I need to perform upgrade to concurrent Solaris 10 version, preserving current OS configuration. I supose to make it using Live Upgrade, but according to Solaris Live Upgrade Software: Minimum Patch Requirements page, I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Starting X on Solaris 11?

Hi friends, Hope everyone is fine and doing well. I have just installed Solaris 11, and everytime I boot my machine, I face the command prompt. Could you please tell me how I can setup the graphical environment, like gnome kde etc.??? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Upgrade Solaris 11.1 to Solaris 11.2 beta?

Ive googled a bit, but could not find out how to upgrade to Solaris 11.2 beta, using the IPS package manager. Does anyone know how to do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
4 Replies
EJECT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  EJECT(1)

NAME
eject -- eject a floppy disk, cdrom or tape SYNOPSIS
eject [-fv] [-l | -L | -U] [-t device-type] [-d] device eject -n DESCRIPTION
The eject program ejects a medium from the specified device. It can also load a cdrom in the drive if this operation is supported by the hardware. The device argument specifies a device either by its full path name (identified by a /dev/ prefix), or by one of the built-in nicknames. If the medium contains a file system that is currently mounted, eject will attempt to unmount the file system before ejecting. The following options are available: -d Deprecated. -f Force the eject operation without attempting to unmount any file systems first. -l Load media in the drive (only supported for the cdrom device type). -L Lock the media into the drive (but see BUGS below). -n List the built-in nicknames on standard output. -t device-type Specify the device type. The argument must be one of diskette, floppy, cdrom, disk, or tape. This option is necessary when ejecting a device for which no built-in knowledge is available. -U Unlock the media from the drive. -v Display some of the actions taken on standard output. BUGS
Most disk drivers automatically lock the media on the first open and unlock it on the last close, making 'eject -L' almost useless, since when it closes the device, it gets unlocked again. BSD
October 6, 2001 BSD