Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Execute a command at the system restart Post 102313 by brookingsd on Friday 17th of March 2006 05:22:56 AM
Old 03-17-2006
Execute a command at the system restart

Hi Folks,

I have an AIX server and I would like the server to run the command saprouter -r at every system restarts. It needs to be run by a specific user. How would I do that?

Thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ivancleber
1 Replies

2. Programming

c++ : Use of System() to execute .exe with parameters

Hello, I 've trie to execute a a program with parameters unsuccessfully and i take the above message : "The system cannot find the path specified." I used a variaton of the above command : system("\"C:\\xxx\\xxx\\xxx.exe -xxx -xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx\""); Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eusta
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute piped command using exec or system

Hi All, I want to execute a piped command like 'ls /opt | grep xml' using array as parameters list. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharadiaam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script in different system

Hi, I have a shell script in systemA and another shell script in systemB. when I execute the script in systemA, it should call the another script in systemB. Please tell me the way to do this. Thanks, Raja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

restart windows 2000 server using command line

Hi all expert, Anybody know how to restart the windows 2000 server through command line and without using any additional tool? Thanks :):) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to execute a command when system boots?

Hi all, I want to execute a command when system boots. I tried to edit /etc/rc.common and add my command at the end of rc.common, but it does not work! Anyone knows how to do it? Thanks :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does inittab needs system restart?

Hi currently my linux instance is running in runlevel 3 ( someone has set the default to 3) i have to change it to runlevel 5 . my question 1) does the editing of /etc/inittab needs system restart to enter runlevel 5. 2) how can we avoid system restart because if some users are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
3 Replies

8. BSD

/etc/rc.d/named restart issue (command not found)

Guys, I am new to FreeBSD. I have this weird issue where when i issue the command "/etc/rc.d/named restart" i get --> command not found. I am running BIND 9.6.-ESV-R3 on FreeBSD 8.2 I have added named_enable="YES" in rc.conf as per manual named works great: No issue there. I just would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zongo
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Systemd booting and execute system command is Not successful!help!

hi guys, booting centos7 and use systemd execute system command ulimit -SHn 202400 is fail.i dont know what's reason.can you give me help. ------------------------------------------ set-ulimit.service Description=test service After=systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service #the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shean
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

No VolGroup00 found after restart of the system

I am facing the following issue after giving a restart (init 6) of my RHEL 5.9 system. As a result,the system is not starting after a restart. Can somebody help me to trouble shoot the issue. Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
7 Replies
asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				     asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-restart-instance, restart-instance - restarts the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
restart-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the restart-instance to restart the instance with the instance name specified. The restart-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To restart remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the administration server, and the instance must be running. The restart-instance command is not supported on Windows. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be restarted. Example 1: Using restart-instance in local mode asadmin> restart-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted on the domain1 domain. Example 2: Using restart-instance in remote mode asadmin> restart-instance --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted. The restarted instance is associated with the user, password, host, and port number specified. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)