Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? I Am Calling All Unix Experts Young Mind In Need Post 102283 by Ygor on Thursday 16th of March 2006 09:32:07 PM
Old 03-16-2006
My advice is not to take advice from anyone, myself included.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Calling All Aix Experts

I am new to the world of AIX. I want to get certified in AIX and learn it but fast. with in 3 months Could you give me some advise of a good site that with teach you or a bootcamp that is reasonable. I am really in need I am in atlanta (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Courtney3216
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command in mind map

I found this link that might be useful for a newbie to remember unix commands. It use mind map technique and summarize everything within one page. http://mind-map-you.blogspot.com/2006/12/unix-command-in-mind-map.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bani100
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

forums to hire unix experts

Please recommend forums where I could look for unix expert candidates. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itmgr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Experts Answer this INterview Questions please

1, why Boot server should be in a network in jumpstart? 2, what is the different between patch and package? 3, how to list the avilable NIC in solaris9? 4, User complaing system is slow (solaris) what are the steps to check? 5, what is hardware error and software error and Transport Error? in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

UNIX files timestamping - Need experts opinion as testimonial

Hi I am requesting your help to obtain opinions and testimonials in order to be be able to make my own opinion since I am definetly not a unix expert. Say we have a UNIX server. On this server there is a specific directory let us call it "DIR" A security incident have been reported... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflied
10 Replies
VOP_ADVISE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VOP_ADVISE(9)

NAME
VOP_ADVISE -- apply advice about use of file data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> int VOP_ADVISE(struct vnode *vp, off_t start, off_t end, int advice); DESCRIPTION
This call applies advice for a range of a file's data. It is used to implement the posix_fadvise system call. Its arguments are: vp The vnode of the file. start The start of the range of file data. end The end of the range of file data. advice The type of operation to apply to the file data. Possible values are: POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED Initiate an asynchronous read of the file data if it is not already resident. POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED Decrease the in-memory priority of clean file data or discard clean file data. If the start and end offsets are both zero, then the operation should be applied to the entire file. Note that this call is advisory only and may perform the requested operation on a subset of the requested range (including not performing it at all) and still return success. LOCKS
The file should be unlocked on entry. RETURN VALUES
Zero is returned if the call is successful, otherwise an appropriate error code is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] An invalid value was given for advice. SEE ALSO
vnode(9) BSD
October 3, 2013 BSD