Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: substr problem in KSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting substr problem in KSH Post 102247 by asinha63 on Thursday 16th of March 2006 01:45:03 PM
Old 03-16-2006
I am still getting the same error message even after doing so

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh problem

when declaring a variable e.g. export DAYS what checking / how can i check that the value assigned only contains numeric characters or integers ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh case problem

I'm trying to run a ksh script with a case condition to handle parameters. #!/bin/ksh db_start(){ *code } db_shut(){ *code } case "$1" in up) db_start TRNG ;; down) db_shut TRNG ;; *) echo "Usage: $0 { up | down }" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteck
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh problem in script

Hi I made a small script which uses ksh. When i run the script then i get the following error However when i run each of the commands on the commandline they get executed and provide the desired output. i cant figure out why the script is not running. Kindly Help Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange problem for substr

i have following in block if then echo "Exclusion criteria" else echo "Not exclusion criteria" fi now above block runs fine if value of variable line_by_line is "00000000dfahfahfahfahsfhasfhafhahfahfahf" but same block gives error if value is "0000000000202000501000069BAG ICE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help problem in KSH

Hi All, I have got a problem. I have written a Shell script which cuts some information from the file a and puts it in file b. But i get this error when i execute the shell script. This is what i have written in the script. #! /usr/bin cd /test ls $2 > a cut -f 1 -d '.' a > b When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthshastry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh problem

I am having a problem with this command working, can anyond help? $ export Path=/user/bin user/local/bin /user/ucb/bin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem in ksh

Hi, I have the following issue while replacing text in a file usind sed $ cat file $ One,ABCD\XYZ,Server one i want to replace ABCD\XYZ with another text SERVER. with ABCD\XYZ stored in a variable. #!/bin/ksh VAR=ABCD\XYZ echo $VAR cat file | sed 's/'"$VAR"'/SERVER/' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheer1984
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in assigning substr to a variable inside awk

Hi All, I have a fixed-width datafile from which i need to extract value/string starting from some position to the specified length in each of the lines. awk '{print substr($0,x,y)}' datafile --- is working fine but awk 'BEGIN{a=0}{a=substr($0,x,y);print $a}' datafile ---is giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedin.ksh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with ksh

Dear All, I have a script as follows: 1 #! /bin/ksh 2 # 28 varDate=`date +%d%h%y` 29 export spool_file=/app/my_user/work/TH_Status_${varDate}_Check.txt 30 31 ######################### 32 # Unix Code Starts here # 33 ######################### ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and mail problem

Script A: #!/bin/ksh /usr/bin/mail -s "case 4" g@f.com <testF5Email.inp Script B: #!/bin/ksh qq="-s \"case 4\" cstsang@hko.hksarg" /usr/bin/mail $qq<testEmail.inp Script A working properly where Script B cannot. The error message as the following: There is a missing '"' character... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
3 Replies
msgget(1)							   User Commands							 msgget(1)

NAME
msgget - get a message from a message catalog SYNOPSIS
msgget locale [command:]catalog [set.]number [text] DESCRIPTION
msgget gets the message corresponding to the parameters. See OPERANDS. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: catalog Specifies the message catalog name. command Specifies command-specific message. locale Specifies the locale. If locale is - then the current locale is used. [set].number Identifies the message by message number and an optional message set. If specified as - , the message set and number are determined by looking up text in the corresponding C locale message catalog. text Specifies the text of the message to be output upon error. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Getting a Message in the Current Locale The following example gets msg 1 in the current locale from message catalog hello: example% msgget - hello 1 hello world AUTHORS
Glenn Fowler, gsf@research.att.com ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWastdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iconv(1), msgcc(1), msggen(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 9 Oct 2007 msgget(1)