Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installing Orcale 8i on unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers installing Orcale 8i on unix Post 102066 by RTM on Wednesday 15th of March 2006 10:57:44 AM
Old 03-15-2006
Quote:
1. Whether Oracle 8i or above for windows will work on any unix version?
If you have Oracle 8i for Windows, it won't work on another OS.

Quote:
2. We have SCO unix 5.1.2. Whether oracle requires a unix ver higher than this?
SCO 5.1.2? Are you sure? Check out Oracle's documentation to see what Oracle 8i will run on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing Unix

Hi all, I just joined this forum and I have tons and tons of questions! Lets start with first one, how to install unix (on laptop)? I bought this book (Unix System Administrator's Bible) and got a CD (Full distribution copy of FreeBSD 2.2.5); and it is all compressed (I got that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nchauhan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing fonts on UNIX

I am fairly new to UNIX, and my company has a UNIX based Firewall with a spam filter configured on the Firewall. I have been able to pick up on most of the commands needed for administration purposes, but I have come into a problem when a Korean contractor tries to send my company an e-mail. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhavesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing unix.

Hi, I want to go and learn unix, I order to achieve this task I need to install unix on my machine. I am currently using a Dell Inspiron 6000, which is about a year and a half old. Currently I have 20GB of free space. It has been recommended to me that I simply partition my hard drive... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike55
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix programs

hi everyone, I'm new to the forums. I am in the process of learning unix. I have a problem installing a unix program. The program at question is Links. It is an internet browser. I have the INSTALL notes, but I'm not having much luck at all. Any ideas on how to install? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fissm
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix

hey, i downloaded a version of unix just recently in three files about a gig a piece in size. the website told me to merge the three files into one iso file...i did that using the xtra wizard on alchohol 120%. i tried to boot it from the virtual drive, but all it does is open a window that shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: retrop_ffilc
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Unix

Hello, I am a compete beginner to Unix, I have a very old HP 9000 class D server and i am trying to install HP-UX 11i on it, when i insert the cd into the cd drive on the Server and boot it up it does not automatically boot into the install of Unix. I have tried letting the Server boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eoghanlee
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help Installing UNIX

I have a dual boot - XP and Solaris 10 on my Intel Box. Since quite sometime now, I have been trying to get a driver for the Network card on my box so that I can connect to the Web through Solaris; but Solaris does not have a generic driver for my Gigabit Ethernet 10.100.1000 T-base card. As a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tubbyrana
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Unix

I am new to Unix. I want to be able to do shell scripting. I have installed Vmware Server on my PC. Please see my PC specs below: Processor: Intel Core Duo CPU @ 2.2 GHz Memory: 2GB System Type: 32-bit OS How can I use Unix-Linux on my PC and learn Unix? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abou202
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash executing Orcale Update statement

Hi All, Using Solaris box bash-3.00$ echo $BASH_VERSION 3.00.16(1)-release I have a real bummer of a bug, basically Im running a bash script that executes a bash function "dbase_sql". The bash function accepts a parameter in the form of an Oracle update statement eg ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing programs in Unix

I have installed a software called GMT, then writing a script that call the new programs ./example02.sh but I am getting ./example02.sh: line 20: gmtset: command not found I have done ./configure make make install (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)

NAME
Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT - Convert Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT <-> strftime Format Strings SYNOPSIS
use Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT qw(oracle2posix posix2oracle); my $strptime = oracle2posix($NLS_DATE_FORMAT); $NLS_DATE_FORMAT = posix2oracle($strftime); DESCRIPTION
Convert Oracle's NLS_DATE_FORMAT string into a strptime format string, or the reverse. Functions oracle2posix Takes an Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT string and converts it into formatting string compatible with "strftime" or "strptime". my $format = oracle2posix('YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'); # '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S' Character sequences that should not be translated may be enclosed within double quotes, as specified in the Oracle documentation. my $format = oracle2posix('YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SS'); # '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S' posix2oracle Takes a "strftime" or "strptime" formatting string and converts it into an Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT string. It is possible to create strings which Oracle will not accept as valid NLS_DATE_FORMAT strings. my $format = posix2oracle('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'); # 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS' EXPORT None by default. "oracle2posix" and "posix2oracle" when asked. SEE ALSO
DateTime::Format::Oracle. AUTHOR
Nathan Gray, <kolibrie@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012 Nathan Gray This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.4 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)