Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Read a SCO floppy disk under another OS... Post 102026 by sgertsos on Wednesday 15th of March 2006 06:48:23 AM
Old 03-15-2006
Read a SCO floppy disk under another OS...

I have formatted a floppy disk under SCO unix.
Is there a way I could read this disk under another
operating system e.g. Windows or Linux?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading SCO floppy on Linux

Is there any way I can read a floppy written on SCO Unix 3 on a Redhat Linux 6.0 machine?? If so, how? Thanks in advance, Leo :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo Gessford Jr
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i access (mount, read & write) a floppy disk from the console, not being root?

welll, the title quite explains what i want to do thanks for your time! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfaday
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to duplicate a floppy disk

Hi there, I have a boot disk that I'd like to make a copy of. I can't just copy it through windows because windows obviously doesn't recognise the format. What would I have to do in SCO to just simply make a copy of this disk?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaphs
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy file in cd or floppy disk

i am novice in unix. in me office my boss hav given me a system with Unix OS. i know about windows and Dos. in dos we access cd or floppy through writing following commands a: or d: copy filename.ext to a: i dont even now how to access CD Rom or floppy drive in unix. please tell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fassi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configure floppy disk?

what are your next steps when you see: # mount /dev/fd0 /mnt mount: /dev/fd0 : Device not configured - please? yours` sehrguey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serguey
2 Replies

6. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a floppy disk in System V

Hello all! I just recently inherited a mid-90s gateway full tower system (Original Pentium, SIMM style RAM, etc.). I had always wanted to try an old version of UNIX, and having come across a copy of AT&T System V R4 decided that the time was ripe. There were 30 disks total, and after booting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Northcott
1 Replies

8. SCO

Read Floppy disk in SCO OpenServer 5.0

help me please i am beguinner in SCO operating system how i can read Floppy disk i install SCO OpenServer5.02 i want to /mnt but no result (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
3 Replies

9. SCO

Floppy Disk not reading in cygwin

Hi, I have 3 floppy disc (SCO uniix) compressed files in it. I am in windows XP environment, installed cygwin; I tried to read these files and copy out but am not able to mount fd; it show is mount unknown type error; Please advise me how can i resolve.. Regards mfm2066 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mfm2006
1 Replies

10. SCO

How to open a floppy in SCO UNIX?

Hi, Please help me to find the command to open a floppy disc 3.5" in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.6 environment. Device located in dev/fd0. thanks in advance Rukshan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rukshan4u2c
5 Replies
diskinfo(1M)															      diskinfo(1M)

NAME
diskinfo - describe characteristics of a disk device SYNOPSIS
character_devicefile DESCRIPTION
The command determines whether the character special file named by character_devicefile is associated with a SCSI or floppy disk drive. If so, summarizes the disk's characteristics. The command displays information about the following characteristics of disk drives: Vendor name Manufacturer of the drive (SCSI only) Product ID Product identification number or ASCII name Type Floppy or SCSI classification for the device Disk Size of disk specified in bytes Sector Specified as bytes per sector Both the size of disk and bytes per sector represent formatted media. Options The command recognizes the following options: Return the size of the disk in 1024-byte sectors. Display a verbose summary of all of the information available from the device. For floppy drives, this option has no effect. SCSI disk devices return the following: Vendor and product ID Device type Size (in bytes and in logical blocks) Bytes per sector Revision level SCSI conformance level data DIAGNOSTICS
Most of the diagnostic messages from are self-explanatory. However, one diagnostic message deserves further clarification. If the command fails to access the lunpath corresponding to a given special file, it displays the following diagnostics data, which contains device iden- tification and capability information: device type 127 (unknown); device is inaccessible iso ecma ansi rmb dtq resv rdf WARNINGS
As of release 10.20 of HP-UX, certain IDE devices, CD-ROMs in particular, will respond to inquiries as if they were SCSI devices. There- fore, the text "SCSI describe" in the output of the command does not definitively mean that the disk is in fact a SCSI drive (especially in the case of CD-ROMs). Use to check which type of INTERFACE node, SCSI or IDE, the device's hardware path lies beneath, in order to defini- tively determine a drive's interface. DEPENDENCIES
General The command supports floppy and HP SCSI disk devices. SCSI Devices The SCSI specification provides for a wide variety of device-dependent formats. For non-HP devices, may be unable to interpret all of the data returned by the device. Refer to the drive operating manual accompanying the unit for more information. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
ioscan(1M), lsdev(1M), disktab(4), disk(7). diskinfo(1M)