Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete a special character in file Post 102021 by vino on Wednesday 15th of March 2006 05:45:23 AM
Old 03-15-2006
How is this post different from your other thread - delete a special character in file

Please read the rules.

(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

Infact your original post was answered in atleast 2 ways ! Please adhere to the rules.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mount a character special file

Hi together I have 2 systems, mars and venus. The configuration is the same. Every system has a SDLT. I will now backup the datas from mars on the tapedevice from venus. I have shareed the tapedevice (venus) and mounted on mars. Now my problem: when I write on the mountet tapedevice, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file.please give the required commands for my requirement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special character in my file

I have a special character in my file. It displays as a '#' sign but when I do this command I do not find the line. fgrep 'G#ant' file1 I want to replace the special character with another value but I need to know what character it really is. Any ideas on how to replace this '#' value with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a file for a special character

hello, How to parse a file to see if a specific line is commented by '#' character? filename: file1 cat file1 ... # /usr/bin/whatever ... thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to read special character from the file

Hello All, We are getting files from sftp server through file transmission protocol & after transmission we are removing all the control M (^M) characters from them.we are expecting various kind of special characters in the files. we are tried removing '^M' characters through 'dos2unix' command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aquilis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Special Character from File.

Hi, My file has this special character "^M" I would like to remove this characters. eg: abc,abc,^M i tried using sed but doesnt work. i used octal dump command to see special character it returns following: 015 \r Appreciate your reply. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove special character ($) from file names

Hello I've searched here and on the 'net for examples of a script or command line function that will remove the $ character from all file names only that can be done within the directory that contains the file names - which are all html files. ie, I have a directory that contains html files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Special character ^@ in CSV file

All, I am having a tough time with Linux and CSV file. My CSV file gets generated from Cognos on Linux machine that contains special characters. At first instance when I do vi <filename> to that file, I can't see anything. I did tail -2 and redirected to another temp file and did vi <filename>,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donadarsh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies
BNSTAT(1)							BNETD User's Manual							 BNSTAT(1)

NAME
bnstat - Battle.net statisics client SYNOPSIS
bnstat [options] [servername [serverport]] DESCRIPTION
bnstat is a simple Battle.net client emulator that can be used to gather player statistics. It is also compatible with FSGS servers, but has difficulty with real Battle.net servers. If no servername is specified, localhost is assumed. If no serverport is specified, 6112 is assumed. If no player is specified on the command line, bnstat(1) will connect to the server and prompt for one from stdin. All avaliable statistics for the emulated client type are formatted and displayed on stdout. OPTIONS
-b Causes bnstat to emulate a Brood Wars client. --client Causes bnstat to emulate a specific client. The following client tags are recognized: DRTL DSHR STAR SSHR SEXP W2BN. There are short options which may be used instead for the common clients. --bnetd Also attempt to gather bnetd(1) specific information. -d Causes bnstat to emulate a Diablo client. --fsgs Also attempt to gather FSGS specific information. -h --help --usage Print usage information and exit. -k --cdkey Causes bnstat to report an alternate key to the bnetd(1) server. -o --owner Causes bnstat to report an alternate owner to the bnetd(1) server. -p --player Gather statistics only for the specified player and then exit. This also avoids using login and terminal functions allowing it to be used in shell scripts. -s Causes bnstat to emulate a Starcraft client. -v --version Print its version number and exit. -w Causes bnstat to emulate a Warcraft II BNE client. NOTES
The current version is available with the bnetd distribution at: http://www.bnetd.org/ BUGS
This program assumes that the terminal will move to the beginning of the current line when the carriage return character (^M) is printed. It also assumes the backspace character (^H) will move one column to the left that character printed after that will replace those already on the screen. The terminal settings are not consulted for keybindings. The following are assumed: ^H delete the character to the left of the cursor ^J accept current line ^M (return) accept current line ^T transpose the last two characters ^W delete word to the left of the cursor ^U delete the whole input line ^[ (escape) cancel the current input line ^? (delete) delete the character to the left of the cursor SEE ALSO
bnetd(1) AUTHOR
Ross Combs (ross@bnetd.org) BNETD
11 June, 2000 BNSTAT(1)