Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix & Processor compatibility Post 102 by Neo on Thursday 19th of October 2000 08:19:48 PM
Old 10-19-2000
ABSOLUTELY. This server is Linux running on a 500 MHZ AMD processor. I love AMD processors. Never had a smoother running chip. Intel is great too, but lately I've been quite impressed with AMD and their prices vs. performance for mid-side servers. The main drawback with AMD processor at the moment is that they do not do multiprocessor (4, 8, 16, etc.) parallel processors as Intel does. If you are just running a single processor, AMD is just fine.
<P>
AHHEM! Be careful buying the stock on the stock market Smilie OUCH!! There goes my girlfriends next car.Smilie

[Edited by Neo on 10-19-2000 at 08:24 PM]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2

I have a D series HP server with HP UNIX 10.20 as the OS. How will I obtain the processor speed and memory of the machine. I have 'root' privileges. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux & Unix Compatibility

I am looking for a dual XEON or any dual CPU motherboard that can support Linux and Solaris at the same time. Does anyone have any idea? I am now looking at the TYAN S2507T / TYAN S2505T / TYAN S2720, you guys have any clue?:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: doyho
6 Replies

3. AIX

HMC & Processor Pool problem

Hi, I am having problem allocating all my processors -- 6 processors -- to sharedpool1 I have 6 processors and I want my lpars to share all these 6 processors. DefaultPool can't be edited. I edit my Sharedpool1 as follows Reserved:0 Max Processors: 6 In my lpar profile: Min: 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

word & spreadsheet processor?

Dear All Can you please propose me for word & spreadsheet processors for my RedHat (like word & excel for Windows) ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Compatibility between Unix & Windows

Pl. let me know whether Sun Solaris Server (Unix OS) is compatible with Windows Server or Vise Versa. Can i update the data first in Windows Server and then copied it to Sun Solaris Server or Vise Versa. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seemaitri
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Check Solaris Zones Processor & Memory allocations

Hi, I am a newbee in the solaris administration. My question is how to 1. Check the total CPU and memory of a global zone. 2. Check the allocated CPU and memory for each of the residing non-global zones. I have already tried prtconf which gives the following output /usr/sbin/prtconf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
4 Replies

7. AIX

Processor Compatibility Mode

Hi, IBM documentation says the CPU Compatibility Mopde can be changed from th HMC in LPAR properties, but i have no option to change it there, it is only displayed. Anyone? Regards, firefox111 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compatibility issues between Sun solaries & AIX commands.

Hi, I am migrating few of the shell scripts from existing SUN Solaries to AIX. My script contains some command like 'dos2unix' and 'unix2dos' which are not compatible in AIX flavour. Please let me know if there is any such commands in AIX which can replace these commands. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 46019
1 Replies

9. AIX

Change processor compatibility mode without hmc

Hello, One of my colleagues is working on a p730 without HMC, only one LPAR has all resources. The server is showing some issues with Informix (10.00 & 11.50), the same config (OS & IFX) works perfectly on Power6 so I would like to ask him to change the processor compatibility mode to power6 on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fapl
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU & BSD Makefile Directives & Conditions Compatibility

Firstly, I would like to apologize if this is not the appropriate sub-forum to post about GNU/BSD makefile scripting. Though my code is in C++, because I am focusing on the makefile I thought it would go better in shell scripting. Please correct me if I am wrong. Secondly, I am not interested in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
0 Replies
pset_destroy(2) 						System Calls Manual						   pset_destroy(2)

NAME
pset_destroy() - destroy a processor set SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function destroys the processor set pset, releasing all constituent processors and processes by default. The processors and processes are reassigned to the system default processor set. Once destroyed, the pset identifier becomes available for new processor sets that may be created in the future. The behavior when attempting to destroy a non-empty processor set may be controlled by changing the attribute of the processor set through the function. See pset_getattr(2). The following values are supported for the attribute: Reassign all processors in the pset to the system default processor set. Migrate all threads and processes bound to the pset to the system default proces- sor set. Make the request fail with if there are any threads or processes bound to pset or if there are processors assigned to the pset. Make the request fail with only if there are active threads or processes bound to the processor set. Otherwise, perform the operation by reassigning the processors in the pset to the system default processor set. If the threads and processes being reassigned to the default processor set have some binding to a processor or a locality domain in the pset being destroyed, their binding is reassigned to a processor or a locality domain in the system default processor set. A user with the privilege or a user with WRITE permission on the pset may destroy the processor set pset. The system default processor set may never be destroyed. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. Note on Logical Processor and Hyper-Threading Feature On systems with the Hyper-Threading (HT) feature enabled at the firmware level, each processor core may have more than one hyper-thread per physical processor core. Each hyper-thread is represented to the operating system and applications as a logical processor (LCPU). Due to the processor set contract, which specifies that applications bound to a processor set have complete and exclusive control of all processor cores within that processor set, migration of processors between two processor sets is done at the processor core granularity. For destruction of a processor set migrates a set of processor cores to the default processor set. Depending on the source processor set and the default processor set's the number of logical processors visible to the users and applications may change. EXAMPLES
Destroy a processor set with the processor set ID of pset. RETURN VALUE
returns zero on successful completion. Otherwise, -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following is true: The attribute value for the processor set does not allow deletion of a non-empty processor set. The operation was interrupted. pset is not a valid processor set. The processor set functionality is not supported by the underlying HP-UX version. The user does not have necessary permissions to destroy a processor set or the system default processor set was specified. SEE ALSO
psrset(1M), pset_assign(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_ctl(2), pset_getattr(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). pset_destroy(2)