Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bus Error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bus Error Post 10183 by LivinFree on Friday 9th of November 2001 05:39:30 AM
Old 11-09-2001
Bus Error

This may belong in the C Programming forum, but here goes anyway...

What would cause a bus error? I searched google for a cause, but came up with some conflicting reports...
Could it be caused by [lack of] disk space?
A lot of the pages I found mentioned linking with the incorrect versions of the library. But in that case, would it compile correctly?

Basically, I am curious as to why we had a job dump core on a bus error. It ran nearly to normal completion time, then simply poo-pood.

In the case that it may make a difference, it's a job that interfaces with an Oracle database on HP-UX 11. The things that had changed were that the process was recompiled, AND we were at 96% (df -k) on that disk...

Not too important for me to know right now, but I am curious, and who wants to wait for developers to tell me what happened? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bus error on solaris

Hi there I am running soalris 9 on a sun fire 480r and all of a sudden (today) whenever the users run the command `top` we get the following message `bus error` does anybody have any information on what this is all about and whether there is a routine i can perform to gather more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bus error(coredump

aix 5.3 ML1 system was functioing well, when suddenly telnet session hung and then I got the following message "Bus error(coredump)" would appreciate if anyone would assist as to what to do next. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus Error(coredump)

Hi, I am using HP-UX. While i try to run the Sqlplus command using the shel script in encounter the following error: <shell script name>: some number Bus Error(coredump) What may be the reason behind this. I read few previous threads in this forum where i found some similar case. There it was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayesh
2 Replies

4. Programming

BUS error

Hi! I've got a program which runs fine under Linux, but I have compiled it to run under SunOS 5.8 in a Sparc computer, and now it sometimes fails with "bus error". Ussing gdb I surfed to the error line, which is *pointer = some_vector; where some_vector is a 16 byte struct (4 integers)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shesatmine
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bus error (coredump)

Hi all, I am getting bus error problem in SunOS. Can you please help me out in this regard. Actually, my entire code till the last line has been executed. But after tht i am getting a bus error. Please help me. Thanks in advance. Charu. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charu
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Need help on Bus error(coredump)

Hi all, I am quite weak in C but I need to get some work done. Hope someone can help me out. I keep getting this error when i try to run my C application in my HP-UX 10.20 machine. Some code snippet: Month(DBTime) =====This is a function which will return variable "CutOffTime" to be use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vision©
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Bus Error

I am getting bus error when i include "#!/bin/ksh". If i remove interpreter then script is working. Can anyone explain this and how can i avoid this error? Operating System is HP-UX B.11.23 U 9000/800 1091834454 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anbu23
2 Replies

8. Programming

Bus error

Hi everyone, I have a GUI project and when I run it and left in idle state for a long time(there is nothing done, just opened GUI, no more actions),I get bus error after trying to do anything with it. I've tried to build it in debug mode and use gdb, but I don't get any error in debug mode.It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sisi
3 Replies

9. Programming

Bus error in tree insertion

Hi, I am new to C++ and unix. I am trying to write a programm for inserting elements into a binary tree. To get the code flow I used few Couts and m facing buss error while insertion. Below is the code snippet. explainations needed. thanks :) #include <iostream.h> struct mytree { int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetjoshi
1 Replies

10. Programming

Bus Error: 10...Help please!

Hi all, I am writing a phonebook program to store names and number using a list. Here is the code for the function which allows the user to enter the name and number (where the error occurs). //THIS FUNCTION ADDS A NEW ENTRY TO THE phonebook_list void insert(void){ //variables int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdejan
5 Replies
GO-LIST(1)						      General Commands Manual							GO-LIST(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go list [-e] [-f format] [-json] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
List lists the packages named by the import paths, one per line. The default output shows the package import path: code.google.com/p/google-api-go-client/books/v1 code.google.com/p/goauth2/oauth code.google.com/p/sqlite OPTIONS
-f The -f flag specifies an alternate format for the list, using the syntax of package template. The default output is equivalent to -f '{{.ImportPath}}'. The struct being passed to the template is: type Package struct { Dir string // directory containing package sources ImportPath string // import path of package in dir Name string // package name Doc string // package documentation string Target string // install path Goroot bool // is this package in the Go root? Standard bool // is this package part of the standard Go library? Stale bool // would 'go install' do anything for this package? Root string // Go root or Go path dir containing this package // Source files GoFiles []string // .go source files (excluding CgoFiles, TestGoFiles, XTestGoFiles) CgoFiles []string // .go sources files that import "C" CFiles []string // .c source files HFiles []string // .h source files SFiles []string // .s source files SysoFiles []string // .syso object files to add to archive // Cgo directives CgoCFLAGS []string // cgo: flags for C compiler CgoLDFLAGS []string // cgo: flags for linker CgoPkgConfig []string // cgo: pkg-config names // Dependency information Imports []string // import paths used by this package Deps []string // all (recursively) imported dependencies // Error information Incomplete bool // this package or a dependency has an error Error *PackageError // error loading package DepsErrors []*PackageError // errors loading dependencies TestGoFiles []string // _test.go files in package TestImports []string // imports from TestGoFiles XTestGoFiles []string // _test.go files outside package XTestImports []string // imports from XTestGoFiles } -json The -json flag causes the package data to be printed in JSON format instead of using the template format. -e The -e flag changes the handling of erroneous packages, those that cannot be found or are malformed. By default, the list command prints an error to standard error for each erroneous package and omits the packages from consideration during the usual printing. With the -e flag, the list command never prints errors to standard error and instead processes the erroneous packages with the usual printing. Erroneous packages will have a non-empty ImportPath and a non-nil Error field; other information may or may not be miss- ing (zeroed). For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-LIST(1)