Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming adding variables for, for loop Post 101766 by jazz on Monday 13th of March 2006 03:23:05 AM
Old 03-13-2006
Thank u so much for the reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a better way I could have run this loop. (For loop with two variables)

Sorry for such a dreadful title, but I'm not sure how to be more descriptive. I'm hoping some of the more gurutastic out there can take a look at a solution I came up with to a problem, and advice if there are better ways to have gone about it. To make a long story short around 20K pieces of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding variables in a unix script

Hi I am trying to add variables(float values) in a unix script but am getting an error value=`expr $a + $b + $c` The error I am getting is "expr: non-numeric argument" I guess it has got to something with the decimal points. Plz help (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing a for loop adding up the results

Hi there If I run a 'swap -l' on my solaris box, i get swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 54,65 8 67119560 65655144 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s2 54,65 8 33119522 32655122 I wanted to run a for loop adding up the totals of each column 4 , excluding the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Creating script adding 3 different variables in 3 columns

I have 3 variables with different information.. they look like this (row-wise aswell): Variable1 = Roland Kalle Dalius Variable2 = ake123 ler321 kaf434 Variable3 = Richardsen Sworden Lokthar How can I sort them by variable3 alphabetical and add them into the same output so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prantare
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Variables

Hi. I have a for loop that I use to extract integer values in a shell script (ksh). Now, I would like to add the values. My preference, from my c programming days, would be to do something like the commented out line below in the for loop. However, this is not recognised. So I use the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikem22
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a while loop to my script

I have a script below that goes to the given directory and plays the newest powerpoint presentation via powerpoint viewer and wine. So far it works perfectly but now Id like to add a while statement to essentially run find /ticker/powerpointshare -mmin -1 -type f -iname "*.ppt" and if it finds a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding one more column in a loop

data1 1 0.01 3 5 1 0.6 2 1 data2 2 0.02 3 5 2 0.3 2 1 data3 3 0.01 3 5 3 0.01 2 1 output 1 0.01 data1 2 0.02 data2 3 0.01 data3 3 0.01 data3 I want to print 1st, 2nd column and the filename when second column is less than 5. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding variables to repeating strings

Hello, I want to add a letter to the end of a string if it repeats in a column. so if I have a file like this: DOG001 DOG0023 DOG004 DOG001 DOG0023 DOG001 the output should look like this: DOG001-a DOG0023-a DOG004 DOG001-b (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
15 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Adding same value to variables in does each repetition of command

So, I have this command: mkdir rolled for %%x in (*gif) do convert %%x -roll +2+6 %%x|move %%x rolled I'd like to have the +2 and +6 accumulate here. In each new gif tackled, it should increase by the amount: +2 (for x) and +6 (for y) Is this possible? I'm on Windows, DOS. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies
ARRAY_PUSH(3)								 1							     ARRAY_PUSH(3)

array_push - Push one or more elements onto the end of array

SYNOPSIS
int array_push (array &$array, mixed $value1, [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_push(3) treats $array as a stack, and pushes the passed variables onto the end of $array. The length of $array increases by the num- ber of variables pushed. Has the same effect as: <?php $array[] = $var; ?> Note If you use array_push(3) to add one element to the array it's better to use $array[] = because in that way there is no overhead of calling a function. Note array_push(3) will raise a warning if the first argument is not an array. This differs from the $var[] behaviour where a new array is created. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $value1 - The first value to push onto the end of the $array. RETURN VALUES
Returns the new number of elements in the array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_push(3) example <?php $stack = array("orange", "banana"); array_push($stack, "apple", "raspberry"); print_r($stack); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => orange [1] => banana [2] => apple [3] => raspberry ) SEE ALSO
array_pop(3), array_shift(3), array_unshift(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_PUSH(3)