Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OSI 9.0 Installation some question Post 101762 by morenqfj on Monday 13th of March 2006 01:52:36 AM
Old 03-13-2006
Network OSI 9.0 Installation some question

Hi.

I get the folloing message if i try to start the osinet deamon:
# /etc/rc2.d/S90osinet start
starting osi daemonunable to unload all the osi modules
some OSI applications may be running

unable to start OSI daemon
#

Has anyone an idea what is going wrong?
Answers to mail: (Note - answers to email are not allowed by the rules)

Last edited by RTM; 03-13-2006 at 11:18 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

The OSI-model

after reading a paper about the OSI-model I'm not exactly sure how to look at this model. Does data (a file) travel from the application level "down" each layer at the client Application V Presentation V Session V Transport V Network V Data link V | | | (Physical) | (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
3 Replies

2. SuSE

installation question

Hello people! I just wanted to install SuSE on another computer now, so i booted from the newest cd iso.. It has a flashy welcome screen :p and stuff, but then when i start manual installation select everything, then go to ftp install, i say automatic via dhcp or whatever and then it asks for an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenewestuser
5 Replies

3. Solaris

OSI 9.0 Installation

Dear After i received a demo license for OSI 9.0 from SUN , i installed the packages . but when i tried to start the osinet deamon ( /etc/rc2.d/S90osinet ) i am getting the foellowing errror # ./S90osinet start starting osi daemon/usr/sbin/osinetd cannot find a valid license (STACK 9.0)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
4 Replies

4. Solaris

OSI interface...

I'm using OSI version 9.0 with solaries OS , I 'm thinking of analysing the tracing while sending information through OSI layers , I want to analyze exactly the BER data ? Any one could provide an examples , I know the command for tracing these information but i need to understand the bytes travels... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

jdk installation question

hi, i just "yum install jdk*.i386" and installation was complete without any error. however, i tried to #javac helloworld " and javac is not found in the $PATH. i tried to locate it and didn't find it. would anyone shed some light on where the "yum install" installed my jdk to? where can i find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
0 Replies

6. Debian

OSI application for Debian...

Is there OSI telecom application which can be installed on debian similar to Solstice Solaries OSI ? I need to get it on debian to build cmise and communicate with Network element . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation question?

Hi I accidentally installed another operating system after I had installed Linux and now I can no longer access your Linux system.any solution? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25bc
1 Replies

8. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 installation question

Is there a way to install the "hpsas" btld for the hard disk controller during installation of the OS without having to use a Floppy disk, ie Pen drive or CD since newer servers do not include a floppy drive? If so, please include specific instructions in the answer. Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan.navarrete
8 Replies
sndrsyncd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     sndrsyncd(1M)

NAME
sndrsyncd - Availability Suite Remote Mirror update resynchronization daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sndrsyncd DESCRIPTION
The sndrsyncd daemon automates update resynchronization after a network or machine failure and invokes Point-in-Time Copy copies when needed to protect the data volumes being updated during a resynchronization. The daemon is notified by the kernel when a network link being used by Remote Mirror goes down and invokes the sndradm(1M) command with the -u option to resynchronize all Remote Mirror sets which have autosync switched on and are using the network link. See sndradm(1M) for details on how to configure autosync for a Remote Mirror set. The daemon is also notified when any Remote Mirror resynchronization starts or completes. The daemon takes Point-in-Time Copy snapshots, if configured in the Availability Suite configuration file. On a secondary server, the daemon checks if a file system is currently mounted on the secondary volume and informs the kernel not to allow the synchronization to start if the file system is currently mounted. EXIT STATUS
0 Daemon started successfully. >0 Daemon failed to start. FILES
/lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd Shell script for starting sndrsyncd. /lib/svc/method/svc-rdc Shell script for stopping sndrsyncd. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrdcr, SUNWrdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iiadm(1M), sndradm(1M), sndrd(1M), svcadm(1M), ds.log(4), rdc.cf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Do not manually stop the sndrsyncd deamon. If you need to manually stop sndrsyncd perform these steps. This stops both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd Do not manually start or restart the sndrsyncd deamon. If you need to manually start sndrsyncd perform these steps. This starts both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd See svcadm(1M) for additional information. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2007 sndrsyncd(1M)