Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Failed to get value from a file using sed command Post 101709 by nir_s on Saturday 11th of March 2006 04:53:49 PM
Old 03-11-2006
Hi vgersh99,

Thanks a lot!!
It works fantastic!!

Best regards,
Nir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rerunning a command in a script that failed?

I have a script that occasionally has a command here and there that fails and I would like to set my script up to just re run the command if the exit code is 1. Is there a simple way to do that without if/thens or redirecting to the command again? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits with $? not 0 randomly, how can I see what command failed?

Hi! I have this situation with 3 shellscripts. One is a "startscript" that simply calls other scripts. This one is scheduled with cron to run at regular intervals. That script runs what I'll refer to as Script 1. Script 1 in turn runs script 2 (import_catalogs_buyer.sh) Sometimes, seemingly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trailsmoke
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use argument file with sed command

I am trying to delete lines from a file with the sed command. I have two files. File a.txt 200,000 records. Here is a sample of the file. File a.txt 2401ABC0212345678 plus 250 characters of other data 2401ABC0212345678 plus 250 characters of other data 2402ABC0212345678 plus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbanigan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

command 'cc' failed even though gcc is installed

I'm trying to build some python modules on a Solaris 10 machine. It has gcc as /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. # CC=gcc python setup.py build running build running build_py running build_ext cc -c actread.c -o actread.o unable to execute cc: No such file or directory error: command 'cc' failed with exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename file using sed command

Greetings, I am very new to the UNIX shell scripting and would like to learn. However, I am currently stuck on how to process the below sample : Filename : DOCabcdef24387987ab90d.xml Pattern "DOC"+any character using and +".xml" And i want to change the second part of that file (any... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: fanny_tirtasari
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formating (sed command)

I am new ot unix. Is there one or two lines of command (sed may be) to format a file. My source is.. <tag1> <tag2> <datatag1> data1 </datatag1> <datatag2> data2 </datatag2> <datatag3> data3 </datatag3> <datatag4> data1 </datatag3> </tag2> </tag1> (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsam11
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for copying the contents of other file replacing it another file on specifc pattern

We have 2 file XML files - FILE1.XML and FILE2.xml - we need copy the contents of FILE1.XML and replace in FILE2.xml pattern "<assignedAttributeList></assignedAttributeList>" FILE1.XML 1. <itemList> 2. <item type="Manufactured"> 3. <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode> 4. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resume from last failed command

Dear Experts, I am creating a shell script (A) which is menu driven and in turn calls another shell scripts (X) depending on the selection. X has a list of commands which runs batch jobs in auto mode. Content of X ./sqr.ksh axhri051_sf axhri051_sf.par $1 $2 XHRPPYOV; ./sqr.ksh axbni062... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprasad
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does the sed command here exactly doing to csv file?

I have the following csv file at the path; now using sed command. what is this exactly doing. sed -i 's//,/g' /FTP/LAB_RESULT_CM.csv Thank you very much for the helpful info. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
GIT-NAME-REV(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-NAME-REV(1)

NAME
git-name-rev - Find symbolic names for given revs SYNOPSIS
git name-rev [--tags] [--refs=<pattern>] ( --all | --stdin | <committish>... ) DESCRIPTION
Finds symbolic names suitable for human digestion for revisions given in any format parsable by git rev-parse. OPTIONS
--tags Do not use branch names, but only tags to name the commits --refs=<pattern> Only use refs whose names match a given shell pattern. --all List all commits reachable from all refs --stdin Read from stdin, append "(<rev_name>)" to all sha1's of nameable commits, and pass to stdout --name-only Instead of printing both the SHA-1 and the name, print only the name. If given with --tags the usual tag prefix of "tags/" is also omitted from the name, matching the output of git-describe more closely. --no-undefined Die with error code != 0 when a reference is undefined, instead of printing undefined. --always Show uniquely abbreviated commit object as fallback. EXAMPLE
Given a commit, find out where it is relative to the local refs. Say somebody wrote you about that fantastic commit 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a. Of course, you look into the commit, but that only tells you what happened, but not the context. Enter git name-rev: .ft C % git name-rev 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a tags/v0.99~940 .ft Now you are wiser, because you know that it happened 940 revisions before v0.99. Another nice thing you can do is: .ft C % git log | git name-rev --stdin .ft AUTHOR
Written by Johannes Schindelin <Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Johannes Schindelin. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de mailto:Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-NAME-REV(1)