Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Message Never got replied.
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Message Never got replied. Post 101624 by Neo on Friday 10th of March 2006 10:19:55 AM
Old 03-10-2006
My thoughts are that people often don't answer questions because the original question does not have enough information or is worded is such a way that implies the poster did not take the time to frame their question in a way that would increase chances of a reply.

I often search for threads with 0 replies to answer, so bumping a thread, just for the sake of bumping, would not help get my attention - as Perderabo pointed out.

So, I advise that instead of "bumping" threads, reply to your own thread with more, relevant information. That might not really be "bumping" -- but "enhancing" :-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello I installed solaris 9, but when I reboot the box, I got this message WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt WARNING:add_spec:No major number for mpt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Welcome Message

I have a regular user account in one of the solaris machines. I have been trying to display a message when I log on by modifying my .profile file e.g. +-------------+ .profile +--------------+ echo "Welcome <user>" echo "Today is: "`date` etc. etc. The message keeps on popping... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
0 Replies

3. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

4. Solaris

What is this message!?

While logged on to a box, I got the message: Broadcast Message from oracle (pts/4) on hostname.xx-xxxx.xxx Thu Mar 19 19:00:38... root: Will system be available for use tonight? n -----> this was my response ksh: n: not found Where does this originate from? Did somebody send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replied new files

We need to create a process that run continues and whenever a file is placed in a specific directory, the process detected this new file and replicated in another directory. How can we implement a process that allows automatic replies to the new files? Regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RMSoares
8 Replies

6. Programming

[XQuery] How to Convert from JSON Message to XML Message with XQuery

Hi guys, I'm in a job of converting a restful webservice to soap. Tool for convertation uses XQuery. Now i need to convert a message like this: { "firstName": "John", "midName": null, "lastName": "Smith", "married": false, "address": { "streetAddress": "21 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

8. SuSE

Du -sh in / message

I have cloned a zLinux server and whenever I issue the command 'du -sh' on the / it always gives the below message: du: cannot access `./proc/3721/task/3721/fd/4': No such file or directory du: cannot access `./proc/3721/task/3721/fdinfo/4': No such file or directory du: cannot access... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schizoprenics
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script replied multiple process for file has successfully created

Hi All, I have written the following code do FILE_NO=$(echo $LINE|awk -F"|" '{print $1}'|tr "'" '+'|sed 's/\(.*\)\(++\)\(.*\)\(++\)/\3/') INST_NO=$(echo $LINE|awk -F"|" '{print $2}'|tr "'" '+'|sed 's/\(.*\)\(++\)\(.*\)\(++\)/\3/') if ] then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogendra.barode
3 Replies
Wx::Thread(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Wx::Thread(3)

NAME
Thread - using wxPerl with threads SYNOPSIS
# the order of these use()s is important use threads; use threads::shared; use Wx; my $DONE_EVENT : shared = Wx::NewEventType; my $worker = threads->create( &work ); # create frames, etc my $frame = Wx::Frame->new( ... ); EVT_COMMAND( $frame, -1, $DONE_EVENT, &done ); $app->MainLoop; sub done { my( $frame, $event ) = @_; print $event->GetData; } sub work { # ... do stuff, create a shared $result value my $threvent = new Wx::PlThreadEvent( -1, $DONE_EVENT, $result ); Wx::PostEvent( $frame, $threvent ); } # event handler sub OnCreateThread { # @_ = () is necessary to avoid "Scalars leaked" my( $self, $event ) = @_; @_ = (); threads->create( ... ); } DESCRIPTION
Threaded GUI application are somewhat different from non-GUI threaded applications in that the main thread (which runs the GUI) must never block. Also, in wxWidgets, no thread other than the main thread can manipulate GUI objects. This leads to a hybrid model where worker threads must send events to the main thread in order to change the GUI state or signal their termination. Order of module loading It's necessary for "use Wx" to happen after <use threads::shared>. Sending events from worker threads "Wx::PlThreadEvent" can be used to communicate between worker and GUI threads. The event can carry a shared value between threads. my $DONE_EVENT : shared = Wx::NewEventType; sub work { # ... do some stuff my $progress = new Wx::PlThreadEvent( -1, $DONE_EVENT, $progress ); Wx::PostEvent( $frame, $progress ); # ... do stuff, create a shared $result value my $end = new Wx::PlThreadEvent( -1, $DONE_EVENT, $result ); Wx::PostEvent( $frame, $end ); } The target of the event can be any "Wx::EvtHandler" Receiving events from worker threads "Wx::PlThreadEvent" is a command event and can be handled as such. The "->GetData" method can be used to retrieve the shared data contained inside the event. my $DONE_EVENT : shared = Wx::NewEventType; EVT_COMMAND( $frame, -1, $DONE_EVENT, &done ); sub done { my( $frame, $event ) = @_; print $event->GetData; } Creating new threads Creating new threads from event handlers works without problems except from a little snag. In order not to trigger a bug in the Perl interpreter, all event handler that directly or indirectly cause a thread creation must clean @_ before starting the thread. For example: sub OnCreateThread { my( $self, $event ) = @_; @_ = (); threads->create( ... ); } failure to do that will cause "scalars leaked" warnings from the Perl interpreter. perl v5.10.0 2007-04-28 Wx::Thread(3)