Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search a string from list of input files Post 101465 by sivakumarvenkat on Wednesday 8th of March 2006 12:06:54 PM
Old 03-08-2006
Search a string from list of input files

Hello,

I am trying to match a string between line one and line two with in the file. But I dont want to search based on the given filename. Instead I want to search for all available files in the specific directory. Please help me on the above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign the Pattern Search string as Input Variable

guys, I need to know how to assing pattern matched string as an input command variable. Here it goes' My script is something like this. ./routing.sh <Server> <enable|disable> ## This Script takes an input <Server> variable from this line of the script ## echo $1 | egrep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search String in File List

Hi, I have a list of files which can be identified as abcd*.xml where * represent multiple timestamps for multiple files. I need to do following checks 1. Find number of files (which we get by doing following) FILECOUNT=`ls -ltr /dir/abcd*.xml | wc -l` 2. If check 1 gives '1' as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file's name and search string's Line

Hi all, My need is: To list out all the java / jsp files having System.out.println in my project. I need the output as: /home/me/project/file1.java somejavacode somejavacode System.out.println("something"); somejavacode somejavacode somejavacode /home/me/project/file2.java... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk + gsub to search multiple input values & replace with located string + extra text

Hi all. I have the following command that is successfully searching for any one of the strings on all lines of a file and replacing it with the instructed value. cat inputFile | awk '{gsub(/aaa|bbb|ccc|ddd/,"1234")}1' > outputFile This does in fact replace any occurrence of aaa, bbb,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazhoop
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripting help to input string and search a file to find

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12ic11
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display which volume pool a given... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Don, this is not homework question. I work for a Credit card company and my development goal this year is to learn Unix. I would love if others can help me get started, thanks. Hi everyone I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux shell script, search by an input string

So, there is a large file where I have to conduct several search using bash shell scripting. The file is like this: TITLE and AUTHOR ETEXT NO. Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora, 56900 by Robert Lloyd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Philia
1 Replies
GONZUI-SEARCH(1)						   User Commands						  GONZUI-SEARCH(1)

NAME
gonzui-search - a tool to search a gonzui DB SYNOPSIS
gonzui-search PATTERN DESCRIPTION
-P, --package=PACKAGE search for PACKAGE -p, --prefix perform prefix search -e, --regexp perform regular expression search -t, --type=TYPE search for TYPE funcall, fundef, fundecl, others -n, --line-number print line number with output lines -c, --count only print a count of matching words -C, --context=NUM print NUM lines of output context --color use markers to highlight the matching string -h, --no-filename suppress the prefixing filename on output --gonzuirc=FILE specify alternate run control file --dump-config dump configuration -d, --db-dir=DIR use DB directory DIR --db-cache=NUM use NUM megabytes of DB cache [5] --list-formats list all supported formats --help show this help message -q, --quiet suppress all normal output -v, --verbose output progress and statistics --version print version information and exit gonzui-search 1.3 December 2006 GONZUI-SEARCH(1)