Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do you rename a server in HP-UX Post 101448 by blowtorch on Wednesday 8th of March 2006 09:50:01 AM
Old 03-08-2006
You have to change the /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file. This holds the details about your system's interfaces. You can do this using set_parms. Here is how to use set_parms.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename using mv ?

Hi all how can can remove the underscore from this number in this series _1234567.abc _1234567.abcd I was trying mv _1234567* 1234567 but did not work ? thanks s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file on a different server

Hello Every One. I am trying to put a timestemp file to a sever with extention file*.ia ( file*.ia is a time stemp and compress file ). Then rename it into file*.gz. My .netrc contant are : machine xxxx login xxxx password xxxx macdef init lcd /test/system cd /infolder ascii... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shah2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files in remote server via ftp

Hi All, I want to rename set of files in the remote server which iam unable to do . i can rename only one file at a time . for example ftp $REMOTESERVER { rename $NAME1 $NAME2 } is working whereas ftp $REMOTESERVER { rename $NAME1*.dat $NAME2*.data } is not working ...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename

hi, im doin an assignment which requires you to build a shell script to do the MS DOS style equivilant (sp?) of the rename function. What i have to do is a loop which checks the following rules and output messages (same): Can't have anything after target Can't have more than one dot Can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bohoo
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to rename file in FP server with server time stamp?

Hello All, I am new user in this forum. Facing problem when trying to download file using Perl ::NET:FTP module. I need to rename the remote server file with latest timestamp of that ftp server. Can somebody help me if this is possible? Many thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down remote files and rename them to include the server name with full path

I need to pull down a good bit of files for another support team for an upgrade project. I have a server.list with all of the server names. I need to do two parts: FIRST: I have this example, but it does not list the server name in front of each line. #! /bin/bash for server in $(<... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename (move) multiple files on remote server using sftp

I want to rename (move) multiple files on remote server. I tried the following command to move all TXT files from my_dir directory to /new_dir. But it does not work. Any help? #!/bin/ksh sftp -dev3 << ABC cd my_dir $(for i in TXT; do echo "ls *.$i" ; rename $x /new_dir/$x;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies
gesftpserver(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   gesftpserver(8)

NAME
gesftpserver - Green End SFTP Server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gesftpserver [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gesftpserver implements the SFTP protocol. It is normally run as an SSH subsystem but can be run in other contexts if necessary. CONFIGURING OPENSSH
By default, OpenSSH will use its native SFTP server in response to requests for the SFTP subsystem. To use gesftpserver instead, add a suitable Subsystem command to sshd_config (and remove the existing one if present). For example: Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/gesftpserver IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
gesftpserver supports up to version 6 of the SFTP protocol and the following extensions: newline Reports the server's newline convention to the client. space-available Equivalent to df(1). supported v5 capability details supported2 v6 capability details text-seek Used for resuming text file downloads. vendor-id Reports server name and version to client. gesftpserver reports a vendor of "Green End" and a server name of "Green End SFTP Server". versions Lists available versions. version-select Select version. posix-rename@openssh.org Provides POSIX rename semantics even in pre-v5 SFTP. SEE ALSO
sshd_config(5) gesftpserver(8)