Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error: Compiler out of memory Post 100964 by swamymns on Friday 3rd of March 2006 04:29:58 AM
Old 03-03-2006
Error: Compiler out of memory

Dear friends,
please tell me why I am getting "Error: Compiler out of memory" message when I run a make file on unix environment.
the same makefile was running without any problem previously.
but now it's giving that error message.
Kindly tell me what might be the solution for this.

please reply as soon as possible.

thanks in advance,
swamymns

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LyX-1.4.3 compiler error on redhat-7.3

Hi There, I'm trying to install LyX 1.4.3 on a machine running Redhat 7.3. I can't upgrade the OS since I don't have root, but I've been given permission to install sw into pkgs by the Sys Admins. ./configure using the Qt frontend worked, but when I then enter make I get: make: Entering... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirgni
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

aCC compiler error - Redefined symbols

I got this error while compiling in aCC compiler. Error 173: "/opt/aCC/include_std/limits", line 694 # Redefined symbol 'numeric_limits<int>'; previously defined at . _RWSTD_SPECIALIZE_LIMITS (bool, int, _RWSTD_BOOL) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyforforum
2 Replies

3. Programming

New to C/gcc compiler - compile error.

I am new to comiling c/c++ programs with gcc compilier unix - AIX version 5.3 gcc compiler version - 4.0.0 My makefile. # makefile 1.0 08/20/98 #CC = cc CC = gcc ESQL = esql CFLAGS = -Wall DBSLIB= DBSLIB=-L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib/esql -L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib `esql -libs` ALL = hds_near... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

gcc error..compiler cannot create executables

Hi I have locally compiled and installed gcc-4.1.2 in directory /usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc I want to compile beecrypt using this new compiler , So i have done setenv CC usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc ( Note this configuration is running properly with older version of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

5. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC compiler Ld fatal error

Hi all I'm trying to install sudo. When I first ran the sudo configure script it errored saying that I didn't have a C compiler. I have since installed the GCC 3.4.6 package for sol8 from sun freeware. Doing that resolved the no C complier found error. I was then getting an error saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHC Compiler [ERROR] AIX

Hello there, I’m compiling a shell script under UNIX AIX 5.3 operating system. I’m facing a “glitch” when I tried to run the .x file AIX sent the error message “Killed”. # rpm -qa libgcc-4.2.0-3 libstdc++-4.2.0-3 gcc-4.2.0-3 libstdc++-devel-4.2.0-3 gcc-c++-4.2.0-3 # make *** ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micrinho
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Out of Memory error when free memory size is large

I was running a program and it stopped and showed "Out of Memory!". at that time, the RAM used by this process is around 4G and the free memory size of the machine is around 30G. Does anybody know what maybe the reason? this program is written with Perl. the OS of the machine is Solaris U8. And I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilili07
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Compiler error says

Hi all, I am running a build compilation on every week Thursday's through cronjob on a NFS mounted Solaris Machine (btbisol1-sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 ) .this Solaris machine is an diskless machine mounted on a linux box (btblnx). I face report as 'fail' biweekly (pass for one week and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodlucky
1 Replies
I3-MSG(1)							     i3 Manual								 I3-MSG(1)

NAME
i3-msg - send messages to i3 window manager SYNOPSIS
i3-msg [-t type] [message] IPC MESSAGE TYPES
command The payload of the message is a command for i3 (like the commands you can bind to keys in the configuration file) and will be executed directly after receiving it. get_workspaces Gets the current workspaces. The reply will be a JSON-encoded list of workspaces. get_outputs Gets the current outputs. The reply will be a JSON-encoded list of outputs (see the reply section). get_tree Gets the layout tree. i3 uses a tree as data structure which includes every container. The reply will be the JSON-encoded tree. get_marks Gets a list of marks (identifiers for containers to easily jump to them later). The reply will be a JSON-encoded list of window marks. get_bar_config Gets the configuration (as JSON map) of the workspace bar with the given ID. If no ID is provided, an array with all configured bar IDs is returned instead. DESCRIPTION
i3-msg is a sample implementation for a client using the unix socket IPC interface to i3. EXAMPLES
# Use 1-px border for current client i3-msg "border 1pixel" # You can leave out the quotes i3-msg border normal # Dump the layout tree i3-msg -t get_tree ENVIRONMENT
I3SOCK If no ipc-socket is specified on the commandline, this variable is used to determine the path, at wich the unix domain socket is expected, on which to connect to i3. SEE ALSO
i3(1) AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg and contributors i3 4.1.2 01/01/2013 I3-MSG(1)