Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to update passwd
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to update passwd Post 100792 by er_aparna on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 03:08:52 AM
Old 03-02-2006
Its not working yet , i really dont know where z is problem coming as the user group and shadow files are as follows :

/etc/passwd
root:x:0:1:Super-User:/:/sbin/sh
daemon:x:1:1::/:
bin:x:2:2::/usr/bin:
sys:x:3:3::/:
adm:x:4:4:Admin:/var/adm:
lp:x:71:8:Line Printer Admin:/usr/spool/lp:
smtp:x:0:0:Mail Daemon User:/:
uucp:x:5:5:uucp Admin:/usr/lib/uucp:
nuucp:x:9:9:uucp Admin:/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lib/uucp/uucico
listen:x:37:4:Network Admin:/usr/net/nls:
nobody:x:60001:60001:Nobody:/:
noaccess:x:60002:60002:No Access User:/:
nobody4:x:65534:65534:SunOS 4.x Nobody:/:
tjob:x:100:900:User for Time Job administration:/oms_var/tjob:/bin/sh
atop:x:101:900:User for ATOP administration:/oms_var/atop:/bin/sh
uatop:x:102:900:User for UNIX-ATOP:/oms_var/uatop:/bin/sh
emnadm:x:103:1::/oms_var/emnadm:/bin/sh
omc:x:104:900::/home/omc:/bin/sh
test2:x:556:107::/opt:/bin/ksh

/etc/group
root::0:root
other::1:
bin::2:root,bin,daemon
sys::3:root,bin,sys,adm
adm::4:root,adm,daemon
uucp::5:root,uucp
mail::6:root
tty::7:root,tty,adm
lp::8:root,lp,adm
nuucp::9:root,nuucp
staff::10:
daemon::12:root,daemon
sysadmin::14:
nobody::60001:
noaccess::60002:
nogroup::65534:
oms::900:
switch::105:
in::106:
inNSS2004::102:
test::100:
as::107:

etc/shadow
root:eR72..kxktN42:11527::::::
daemon:NP:6445::::::
bin:NP:6445::::::
sys:NP:6445::::::
adm:NP:6445::::::
lp:NP:6445::::::
uucp:NP:6445::::::
nuucp:NP:6445::::::
listen:*LK*:::::::
nobody:NP:6445::::::
noaccess:NP:6445::::::
nobody4:NP:6445::::::
tjob:*LK*:11818::::::
atop:*LK*:11818::::::
uatop:*LK*:::::::
emnadm:*LK*:11818::::::
omc:d9FZnfitKORhs:11818::::::
test2::::::::

Pls help me out...

Thnks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no /etc/passwd

Hello ppl, A small mistake of mine has led the /etc/passwd file deleted. So i went to rescue mode and used the following command echo "root::0:0:Superuser:/:/bin/bash" > passwd but that did not get effect in anyway way. when I switch back to normal mode the root is still asking for a passwd.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to update gecos in passwd file

Hello, I need to add information in the gecos of each login in the passwd file. I have expect installed. I thought about using expect to to read a file with the login names and the gecos information and then execute the command passwd with the -f option. The other option would be to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoung
1 Replies

3. AIX

etc/passwd

Is there any way to allow users to access the etc/passwd file for commands like whoami but not be able to read the file? If I don't put a user in the security group and change the permissions on the etc/passwd file to 640 (rw-r-----) the users can login but the whoami command doesn't work for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
5 Replies

4. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

6. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

7. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
uusched(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       uusched(1M)

NAME
uusched - uucp file transport program scheduler SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uusched [-u debug-level] [-x debug-level] DESCRIPTION
uusched is the uucp(1C) file transport scheduler. It is usually started by the daemon uudemon.hour that is started by cron(1M) from an entry in user uucp's crontab file: 11,41 * * * * /etc/uucp/uucp/uudemon.hour OPTIONS
The options are for debugging purposes only. debug-level is a number between 0 and 9. Higher numbers give more detailed debugging infor- mation: The following options are supported: -u debug-level Passes the -u debug-level option uucico(1M) as -x debug-level. -x debug-level Outputs debugging messages from uusched. FILES
/etc/uucp/Devices /etc/uucp/Permissions /etc/uucp/Systems /var/spool/locks/* /var/spool/uucp/* /var/spool/uucppublic/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uustat(1C), uux(1C), cron(1M), uucico(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 May 1993 uusched(1M)