Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to remove log files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to remove log files Post 100760 by kiranherekar on Wednesday 1st of March 2006 10:28:53 PM
Old 03-01-2006
Script to remove log files

Can anyone help me with a shell script to remove all files (log files) created 7 days before current system date.

TIA,
Kiran.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Find 3 months old log files and remove

HI I HAVE LOG FILES IN THIS FORMAT XXX.log.20080509215745 XXX.log.20080209205745 XXX.log.20080301785745 XXX.log.20080109155745 XXX.log.20080409115745 XXX.log.20080309105745 I NEED TO FIND THE FILES FROM 3 MONTHS OLD AND REMOVE PLEASE HELP THANKS, (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvdev
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove old files and write to a log file

Hi, I have a script that works on a unix box but am trying to get it working on a linux box that uses shell. I am not a programmer so this is proving harder than I imagined. I made some changes and ended up with the script below but when I run it I get the following messages. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabai
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to remove files older than 60 days

Hi I need help in the script which looks at a contorl file which has a list of file names like xxxx.12345 and I want to take only xxxxx and search in a specific directory and remove the file if its older than 60 days I have written something like this.. but seems to be wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove files

I am working in directory week5 and I want to delete the files in directory week1, without leaving directory week5. I understand that rm is used to delete a file, but how do you remove them while working in a different directory. I also only want to delete a certain set of files *. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smiley76112
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mv files and then remove

Hi Guys i'm looking for some help with creating a scripts: Background - I run alot of testing which creates huge files. This fills up the diskspace over 3 weeks so needs constant deleting. but generally, I keep forgetting!!! so every 3 weeks it fails lol. Basically i can't format the drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: defamer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you extract (remove) lines from log files?

I use "MineOS" (a linux distro with python scripts and web ui included for managing a Minecraft Server). The author of the scripts is currently having a problem with the Minecraft server log file being spammed with certain entries. He's working on clearing up the spam. But in the meantime, I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help with script to remove million files

Hi, one of the server, log directory was never cleaned up. We have so many files. I want to remove all the files that starts with dfr* but I get error message when I use the *. rm qfr* bash: /usr/bin/rm: Arg list too long I am trying to write this script but not working. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

8. AIX

Script to remove backup files

HI, I want to remove my backup files keeping last 30 days. Now i am doing it manually. Does anyone have a script to automate this process? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove excess log files past data mark

I have got application log files collecting up fast inside of a directory. The logs contains many logs that look like this (were talking 1000s+): the Log_NAME followed by Date and application specific nonsense. (...) application_log_2014-07-13_20-30-09 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuel12
4 Replies
strclean(1M)															      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - remove outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
logdir] age] DESCRIPTION
cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver, strlog(7). If the option is not used to specify another directory, removes error log files in the directory. If the option is not used to specify another age, removes error log files that have not been modified in three days. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. EXAMPLES
Remove day-old error log files from a directory called FILES
One or more error log file or files on which operates. The mm-dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. NLS catalog for SEE ALSO
strerr(1M), strlog(7). strclean(1M)