Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ls does not display existing files Post 100567 by Perderabo on Tuesday 28th of February 2006 12:56:13 PM
Old 02-28-2006
Do you own the directories? Post the output of:
ls -ld /path/to/directory
for one of the directories that are giving you trouble.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy one folder to another with existing files

For example, /tmp/folder1 includes /tmp/folder1/a /tmp/folder1/b /tmp/folder2 includes /tmp/c Is there a command without removing files in /tmp/folder2 first to copy the /tmp/folder1 to /tmp/folder2? and the result should be /tmp/folder2 will include only /tmp/folder2/a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Add existing user into an existing group

Pre: no gpasswd/adduser there is just usermod can be used, also there is no -a option for usermod. How should I add a user into a group? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert pipes for existing and non-existing records

I have a source file like this, L4058S462 34329094 F51010141TK1070000483L4058S462 34329094 0232384840 381892 182 5690 L4058S462 34329094 F51020141FIRST CLEARING, LLC A/C 3432-9094 L4058S462 34329094 F51030141JOHAN HOLMQVIST ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

overwriting existing files with scp.

Ok. I am using one cluster to remotely write into another cluster. I can scp to copy files from cluste1 to cluster2, however, I need to copy a file that already exists in cluster 2 and replace it with the new file. I was thinking I could either remove the file in cluster 2 (which I don't know how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the existing files only

Hey, Can someone pls give me an idea on how to write a shell script for the below requirement. I am generating lot of .txt files in a unix directory through a etl tool, now I need to write a shell script which will move these files to another directory(\abc\xyz\source), but in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move files to existing .tgz file?

Hi, I have already created the tar files. which consist of some log files and Audit.csv plz see the below code for that ================================================ tar -Pczf ARCH/${arc_date}.tgz $LOG/*.log $REYE/CEP/FiAdapter/Audit.${arc_date}.csv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending new column to existing files

Hi, i want to add another column to existing files containing strings and need to have the final output as a csv file. i have quite a number of files, each with varying number of rows and i need to append the string "test" for all the valid rows for each file. my sample raw files looks like this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl code to search existing files

Hi, I have a string like: read_lib {$lib/a.lib $lib/b.lib $lib/c.lib ..... } Now, I want to search existence of all these *.lib files in $lib directory. Please suggest- how to do it. Thanks -rkg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkg
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies
mkdirp(3GEN)					     String Pattern-Matching Library Functions					      mkdirp(3GEN)

NAME
mkdirp, rmdirp - create or remove directories in a path SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lgen [ library ... ] #include <libgen.h> int mkdirp(const char *path, mode_t mode); int rmdirp(char *dir, char *dir1); DESCRIPTION
The mkdirp() function creates all the missing directories in path with mode. See chmod(2) for the values of mode. The rmdirp() function removes directories in path dir. This removal begins at the end of the path and moves backward toward the root as far as possible. If an error occurs, the remaining path is stored in dir1. RETURN VALUES
If path already exists or if a needed directory cannot be created, mkdirp() returns -1 and sets errno to one of the error values listed for mkdir(2). It returns zero if all the directories are created. The rmdirp() function returns 0 if it is able to remove every directory in the path. It returns -2 if a ``.'' or ``..'' is in the path and -3 if an attempt is made to remove the current directory. Otherwise it returns -1. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Example of creating scratch directories. The following example creates scratch directories. /* create scratch directories */ if(mkdirp("/tmp/sub1/sub2/sub3", 0755) == -1) { fprintf(stderr, "cannot create directory"); exit(1); } chdir("/tmp/sub1/sub2/sub3"); . . . /* cleanup */ chdir("/tmp"); rmdirp("sub1/sub2/sub3"); ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chmod(2), mkdir(2), rmdir(2), malloc(3C), attributes(5) NOTES
The mkdirp() function uses malloc(3C) to allocate temporary space for the string. SunOS 5.11 14 Oct 2003 mkdirp(3GEN)