Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: not allow rlogin
Special Forums Cybersecurity not allow rlogin Post 100390 by amon on Monday 27th of February 2006 08:19:54 AM
Old 02-27-2006
not allow rlogin

does anyone know how to stop rlogin to my sunsolaris

so I have 2 machines...I can not telnet one becouse that is not allowed but I can telnet the other and do rlogin to first one..I want to stop that..

so..

telnet A from C machine - works
telnet B from C machine - does not work
but telent A from C and then rlogin B - works
that should be stopped...

any help?? please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rlogin???

From any computer on our network when you rlogin into one machine (this only happens on this machine) it'll hang for about 3 minutes before loggin into that machine. If your sick of waiting you can do a <ctrl> C and then it'll rlogin into the machine it is meant to BUT it wont keep the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin

Hi, I have a script and need to use rlogin to access "server1". As there will be different servers used and there will be different usernames and passwords. Is it possible to pass the server name, username and password as arguments on the command line and the script work from there. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin

I'm comparing a table from two databases on two different servers to check for equality. 1. How do I use rlogin from a script , is it like this ? rlogin -l $username $server1 where $username and $server1 are passed from the command line. 2.create a copy of that table, compress it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

rlogin problem

On the HP-UX hostA, the command rlogin hostB generates the error "rlogind: Host address mismatch" even though the hostname & IP of hostA are defined in the .rhosts file and the /etc/hosts files of hostB respectively. The IP and the hostname of hostB are defined in the /etc/hosts file of hostA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysharma.vs
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin issues

hi i got 3 boxes, boxA, boxB, boxC i can do the below boxA> ufsdump 0fu boxB:/mydirectory/myfile /myfile boxA> rlogin boxB is okay but when i do the below boxA> ufsdump 0fu boxC:/mydirectory/myfile /myfile, system says error, boxA> rlogin boxC got error on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rlogin

i got a dout in rlogin . whether rlogin is same as telnet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanmugam
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in rlogin

Dear Experts, i want to make one script ,by running that script it should rlogin from one mashine to another and the username and passord should be in the script so that it could not ask from me the username and password of another machine from me . please help me out. Regards, SHARY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin

Hi all, i need to remotely execute a couple of commands on anyother server, but rsh is not allowed. for that matter i am bound to use rlogin. so what i am trying to do in the script is : 1) rlogin asad 2) Wait for Login prompt 3) Waiting for Password Prompt 4) Once authenticated, execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

rlogin,telnet-different or same?

Hai guys, Both "rlogin" and "telnet" are used to login remote host.Is there any differece between these 2 commands? (or) are both same? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
1 Replies

10. Solaris

rlogin help!

Guys, I'm running solaris 9 on two systems: 1 and 2, let's say. From 1, if I say rlogin 2, i can just login. No passwd prompt! From 2, if I say rlogin 1, it asks for the passwd. (able to login with a passwd) But, they both have the same config files, same set up, same network etc. What... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
13 Replies
cconsole(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      cconsole(1M)

NAME
cconsole , crlogin, cssh, ctelnet - multi window, multi machine, remote console, login, ssh, and telnet commands SYNOPSIS
$CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cconsole [-s] [ -l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/crlogin [-l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cssh [-l username] [-p ssh-port] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/ctelnet [clustername... | nodename...] DESCRIPTION
These utilities initiate a multiple window connection to a set of specified hosts. There are three variations: one that is specifically intended for remote console access while the others provide remote logins using rlogin, ssh, or telnet. Each utility starts a host window for each of the specified hosts, as well as a common window. Input directed into the common window is sent to each of these host windows. This tool is useful for system administration tasks that require similar things to be done on each of several hosts. For tasks that are identical on all hosts, typing in the common window sends the characters to all of the hosts. However, the host windows are normal terminal windows so they can also be used one at a time (by moving the mouse into one of them and typing directly into it) to perform host specific tasks. The common window also allows the user to select which hosts receive the characters typed in the common window, so only the specified hosts will receive input. These utilities use entries in two different databases, /etc/clusters and /etc/serialports. cconsole The cconsole command provides remote console access through the telnet command. All normal telnet escape characters are available to the user. See the telnet(1) man page for a complete listing of telnet escape characters. Because there are a few telnet escapes that are com- monly used, they are provided here as well. The escape character is Control-], specified below as ^]. ^] quit Quit the session. Analogous to ~. in tip and rlogin. ^] send brk Send a break signal to the remote system. This is what is needed to halt the Sun CPU. The normal key board sequence is "L1-A." crlogin The crlogin utility provides remote login through the rlogin command to multiple cluster nodes. cssh The cssh utility establishes Secure Shell connections directly to the cluster nodes through the ssh command. ctelnet The ctelnet utility is similar to cconsole except that the connection is directly over the Internet. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l username Specifies the user name for the ssh connection. This option is passed to the cconsole, crlogin, or cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The ctelnet utility ignores this option. If the -l option is not specified, the user name that launched the CCP is effective. -p ssh-port Specifies the Secure Shell port number to use. This option is passed to the cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The cconsole, crlogin, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option, If the -p option is not specified, the default port number 22 is used for secure connections. -s Specifies using Secure Shell connections to node consoles instead of telnet connections. This option is passed to the cconsole utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The crlogin, cssh, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option. If the -s option is not specified, the cconsole utility uses telnet connections to the consoles. To override the -s option, deselect the Use SSH checkbox in the Options menu of the cconsole graphical user interface (GUI). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of these utilities: CLUSTER_HOME Location of Sun Cluster System tools. Defaults to /opt/SUNWcluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWccon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), ssh(1), telnet(1), tip(1), ccp(1M), chosts(1M), cports(1M), clusters(4), serialports(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The standard set of X Window System command line arguments are accepted. Sun Cluster 3.2 8 Sep 2007 cconsole(1M)