Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What's your most useful shell? Post 100344 by Neo on Sunday 26th of February 2006 10:23:28 PM
Old 02-26-2006
I only use KSH.

Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to Start a Shell as Login shell instead of ordinary shell

Hi I tried with bash --login option. but the output is siva:~$ bash --login siva:~$ is there any way to make the shell ask for user id and password ( and login as different user instead of using sudo / su ) Thx in advance Siva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to make a shell script run for ffmpeg vhook watermaking in shell

i have a small problem getting a batxh shell script to run in shell this is the code the problem seems to be centered around the ffmpeg command, something maybe to do with the ' ' wrapping around the vhook part command this is a strange problem , if i take the ffmpeg command and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run cmds after changing to a new env (shell) in a shell script

Hi, I am using HP-UNIX. I have a requirement as below I have to change env twice like: cadenv <env> cadenv <env> ccm start -d /dbpath ccm tar -xvf *.tar ccm rcv .... mv *.tar BACKUP but after I do the first cadenv <env> , I am unable to execute any of the later commands . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlei
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any shell or hack that makes the shell command line take vi commands?

basically i'm tired of hitting the left arrow a few dozen times when correcting a mistake or modifying a history command i'd like to use vim style key shortcuts while on the command line so that a 55 moves the cursor 55 places to the left... and i want all the other vi goodies, search of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marqul
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
Jifty::CurrentUser(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Jifty::CurrentUser(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::CurrentUser - Base class and basic implementation of current user object DESCRIPTION
Most applications need to have a concept of who the current user is. So Jifty supports this concept internally. Every Jifty::Object (which most things in Jifty are descended from) except the CurrentUser itself is instantiated with a Jifty::CurrentUser subclass as a parameter to the creator. This class describes (and implements a trivial version) of the access control API that a Jifty application needs to implement to provide user-based access control It's generally expected that your application will override this class if you want any sort of access control. new Creates a new Jifty::CurrentUser object. Calls _init, an app-specific initialization routine. If you call it with the "_bootstrap" argument, Jifty will set the user up as a bootstrap user, who's usually allowed to do just about anything without any access control _init Applications should override this method to provide any application-specific user loading code. The built-in If you do nothing, code similar to this will be called by _init. sub _init { my $self = shift; my %args = (@_); if (keys %args and UNIVERSAL::can(Jifty->app_class('Model', 'User'), 'new')) { $self->user_object(Jifty->app_class('Model', 'User')->new(current_user => $self)); $self->user_object->load_by_cols(%args); } return 1; } That is, it will attempt to load the columns given in the model named "App::Model::User" (where App is the name of your application class). If your notion of a user object isn't a typical Jifty model or named something else, you will definitely need to override this method. If you need to perform any additional initialization for user objects, you may want to override this as well. superuser A convenience constructor that returns a new CurrentUser object that's marked as a superuser. Can be called either as a class or object method. user_object This gets or sets your application's user object for the current user. Generally, you're expected to set and load it in the "_init" method in your Jifty::CurrentUser subclass. id Returns 0 if we don't have a user_object. When we do have a user_object, return that user's id. current_user Every class in a Jifty application has a "current_user" method that returns the user who's doing things, in the form of a Jifty::CurrentUser object a subclass thereof. For the somewhat obvious reason that you can't actually lift yourself up by tugging on your own bootstraps, a Jifty::CurrentUser object return itself rather than another "Jifty::CurrentUser" object. AUTHENTICATION AND AUTHORIZATION
To use Jifty's built-in authentication and authorization system, your user objects need to implement the following API methods: password_is STRING Your user_object should have a method called "password_is" which returns true if passed a string that matches the user's current password. username Return a string which identifies the user in some way. auth_token Return a string which proves that the user is who they claim to be. A simple way to do this, for example, would be to hash the username and some server-side secret. RIGHTS AND ACCESS CONTROL
In any system that relies on users' rights to perform actions, it's sometimes necessary to walk around the access control system. There are two primary cases for this: is_superuser Sometimes, while the system is running, you need to do something on behalf of a user that they shouldn't be able to do themselves. Maybe you need to let a new user sign up for your service (You don't want to let any user create more users, right?) or to write an entry to a changelog. If the user has the "is_superuser" flag set, things still get read from the database, but the user can walk around any and all ACL checks. Think "Neo" from the Matrix. The superuser can walk through walls, stop bullets and so on. is_bootstrap_user When your system is first getting going, you can't assume anything. There probably aren't any rights in the system to check. A user with the "is_bootstrap_user" flag set is a self-reliant superuser. Nothing is read from the database, no ACLs are checked. You probably never need to do anything with bootstrap users. current_user_can ACTION For a current user object, the current user can always "read", but never write or do anything else. jifty_serialize_format Serializes as the user_object. SEE ALSO
Jifty::Object, Jifty::Plugin::User LICENSE
Jifty is Copyright 2005-2010 Best Practical Solutions, LLC. Jifty is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-10 Jifty::CurrentUser(3pm)