Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dividing the screen >>>
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dividing the screen >>> Post 10032 by PxT on Tuesday 6th of November 2001 05:10:04 PM
Old 11-06-2001
Quote:
Originally posted by Perderabo
No you can't split your screen and display two sessions at once.
Actually you can. "Ctrl-A S" to split your screen into two regions. "Ctrl-A tab" to move between regions. Screen is very powerful. Check the man page for more info.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dividing a file into two

Hi .. I have a file which contains a list of numbers like.. 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927,1928,1929,1930,1931,1932,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2021,2022,2023,2024,2025,2026,2027, 2028,2029,2030,2031,2032,2115,2116,2117,2118,2119,2120,2121,2122,2123,2124,2125,2126,2127,2128,2129,2130,2131,2132,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with dividing

Hi All, I have two variables like below.. ETIMEHR =03 #END TIME HOUR ETIMEMIN=02 #END TIME MIN Now I'm converting the min to hour by deviding it by 60 ETIMEMINCONV=`echo "scale=2; $ETIMEMIN/60" | bc` but when i print ETIMEMINCONV instead of getting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing user Array by 2

Hello! Im trying to divid the numbers inputed by <STDIN> by 2. This is what I have: print "The input array divided by 2 is as follows:\n"; foreach ((@userArray)/2) {print} But it is not dividing by 2? Any help is valuable!! Ben (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dividing a column by it's first number

Hi! Is there an easy way (maybe using awk??) to divide the values of one column of the file by it's first entry.. If I have a column: 3 4 5 6 7 I would like to divide it by 3. I want to do this for more than 100 files, so it wouldn't be practical to open file by file and... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
26 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing file into columns

Hi, I have a file containing 28048 lines and I would like to split it into a a file with 3506 lines and 8 columns? In column 1, I would like to have the first 3506 lines, in columns 2 the second 3506 lines and so on. I've been looking around in the forum but I found very specific cases. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues when dividing

Hi, I do have a very simple task to divide 2 variables and display the result. I CANNOT use bc when i try var1=2 var2=4 var3=$(($var1 / $var2)) echo $var3 the output is always 0 What can I change to get a dotted decimal result such as 0.5 ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing two numbers in unix

Hi, I have written this code the division of two numbers and multiply it by hundred (to get the percent) echo "script running for the 1st time" cp value_directory_present.txt /home/mysql_cnbc/value_directory_past.txt rm -f test6.txt value_directory_present.txt else y1=`awk '{print $1}'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing by zero

Does anyone know how to include as a script maybe an "echo" warning that explains that if a user uses the second number "zero" when dividing, that the result will BE "zero." I need, example: 5/0 (second number) = 0, in script form. current script: echo "Enter a number" read num1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
4 Replies
BlackPixelOfScreen(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					     BlackPixelOfScreen(3)

NAME
BlackPixelOfScreen, WhitePixelOfScreen, CellsOfScreen, DefaultColormapOfScreen, DefaultDepthOfScreen, DefaultGCOfScreen, DefaultVisualOf- Screen, DoesBackingStore, DoesSaveUnders, DisplayOfScreen, XScreenNumberOfScreen, EventMaskOfScreen, HeightOfScreen, HeightMMOfScreen, Max- CmapsOfScreen, MinCmapsOfScreen, PlanesOfScreen, RootWindowOfScreen, WidthOfScreen, WidthMMOfScreen - screen information functions and macros SYNTAX
unsigned long BlackPixelOfScreen(Screen *screen); unsigned long WhitePixelOfScreen(Screen *screen); int CellsOfScreen(Screen *screen); Colormap DefaultColormapOfScreen(Screen *screen); int DefaultDepthOfScreen(Screen *screen); GC DefaultGCOfScreen(Screen *screen); Visual *DefaultVisualOfScreen(Screen *screen); int DoesBackingStore(Screen *screen); Bool DoesSaveUnders(Screen *screen); Display *DisplayOfScreen(Screen *screen); int XScreenNumberOfScreen(Screen *screen); long EventMaskOfScreen(Screen *screen); int HeightOfScreen(Screen *screen); int HeightMMOfScreen(Screen *screen); int MaxCmapsOfScreen(Screen *screen); int MinCmapsOfScreen(Screen *screen); int PlanesOfScreen(Screen *screen); Window RootWindowOfScreen(Screen *screen); int WidthOfScreen(Screen *screen); int WidthMMOfScreen(Screen *screen); ARGUMENTS
screen Specifies the appropriate Screen structure. DESCRIPTION
The BlackPixelOfScreen macro returns the black pixel value of the specified screen. The WhitePixelOfScreen macro returns the white pixel value of the specified screen. The CellsOfScreen macro returns the number of colormap cells in the default colormap of the specified screen. The DefaultColormapOfScreen macro returns the default colormap of the specified screen. The DefaultDepthOfScreen macro returns the default depth of the root window of the specified screen. The DefaultGCOfScreen macro returns the default GC of the specified screen, which has the same depth as the root window of the screen. The DefaultVisualOfScreen macro returns the default visual of the specified screen. The DoesBackingStore macro returns WhenMapped, NotUseful, or Always, which indicate whether the screen supports backing stores. The DoesSaveUnders macro returns a Boolean value indicating whether the screen supports save unders. The DisplayOfScreen macro returns the display of the specified screen. The XScreenNumberOfScreen function returns the screen index number of the specified screen. The EventMaskOfScreen macro returns the root event mask of the root window for the specified screen at connection setup. The HeightOfScreen macro returns the height of the specified screen. The HeightMMOfScreen macro returns the height of the specified screen in millimeters. The MaxCmapsOfScreen macro returns the maximum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen. The MinCmapsOfScreen macro returns the minimum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen. The PlanesOfScreen macro returns the number of planes in the root window of the specified screen. The RootWindowOfScreen macro returns the root window of the specified screen. The WidthOfScreen macro returns the width of the specified screen. The WidthMMOfScreen macro returns the width of the specified screen in millimeters. SEE ALSO
AllPlanes(3), ImageByteOrder(3), IsCursorKey(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 BlackPixelOfScreen(3)