Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question posting links
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question posting links Post 100194 by hemangjani on Friday 24th of February 2006 02:37:31 PM
Old 02-24-2006
Thank you for the reply.

I have posted the link and few steps under the 'New, Links,...' section.

You don't need any special view for chm file.
If I am not wrong chm files are just like the help files that opens for normal windows application.

hemangjani

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question for links in Unix

Is there a command that I can list, at once, all the links(path) of a give file ( including hard link and soft link)? If not, can it be down by writing a script? Thanks a lot. (I know that pwd would only list one path.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Book and Links about Shells; and zsh question

HI, I would like to ask You about some good books or links where I can find information about shells, theoretical information. I will be grateful if You can help me And I have question about zsh loop trivial script: #!/bin/zsh for i in {1..100000} do echo $i; doneexec time is 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Basic Question About Links

How can you tell if a file is linked to another file?????? Do not title posts "Urgent", etc. Per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BIGGDRE10
3 Replies

4. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft links question

Hello. I have some main directories. For example : /main_dir1 /main_dir2In main_dir2, I have a sub dir named sub_dir2-1 with 2 files in it ( file_2-1, file_2-2 ) /main_dir2sub_dir2-1file_2-1 file_2-2From "/main_dir1/A/B/C" I make a soft link ln -s /main_dir2/sub_dir2-1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
FFSINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						FFSINFO(8)

NAME
ffsinfo -- dump all meta information of an existing ufs file system SYNOPSIS
ffsinfo [-g cylinder_group] [-i inode] [-l level] [-o outfile] special | file DESCRIPTION
The ffsinfo utility extends the dumpfs(8) utility. The output is appended to the file outfile. Also expect the output file to be rather large. Up to 2 percent of the size of the specified file system is not uncommon. The following options are available: -g cylinder_group This restricts the dump to information about this cylinder group only. Here 0 means the first cylinder group and -1 the last one. -i inode This restricts the dump to information about this particular inode only. Here the minimum acceptable inode is 2. If this option is omitted but a cylinder group is defined then only inodes within that cylinder group are dumped. -l level The level of detail which will be dumped. This value defaults to 255 and is the ``bitwise or'' of the following table: 0x001 initial superblock 0x002 superblock copies in each cylinder group 0x004 cylinder group summary in initial cylinder group 0x008 cylinder group information 0x010 inode allocation bitmap 0x020 fragment allocation bitmap 0x040 cluster maps and summary 0x100 inode information 0x200 indirect block dump -o outfile This sets the output filename where the dump is written to, and must be specified. If - is provided, output will be sent to stdout. EXAMPLES
ffsinfo -o /var/tmp/ffsinfo -l 1023 /dev/vinum/testvol will dump /dev/vinum/testvol to /var/tmp/ffsinfo with all available information. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8), dumpfs(8), fsck(8), growfs(8), newfs(8), tunefs(8), vinum(8) HISTORY
The ffsinfo utility first appeared in FreeBSD 4.4. AUTHORS
Christoph Herrmann <chm@FreeBSD.org> Thomas-Henning von Kamptz <tomsoft@FreeBSD.org> The GROWFS team <growfs@Tomsoft.COM> BUGS
Snapshots are handled like plain files. They should get their own level to provide for independent control of the amount of what gets dumped. It probably also makes sense to some extend to dump the snapshot as a file system. BSD
September 8, 2000 BSD