Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working? Post 100112 by ElCaito on Friday 24th of February 2006 12:49:55 AM
Old 02-24-2006
Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working?

How can I use the 'ps' command to view current sessions but only for a given process/user, with the -u parm?

In older versions of Unix, this used to work, but not in Sun Solaris.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-d option not working...

:confused: In the following, when I enter a valid, existing directory,why am I getting Not Found when the Dir DOES exist? read auser echo "You entered $auser" wait 2 cd /home if then echo "Dir Exists" sleep 2 else echo "/home/$auser Not Found" sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

For ls command,-r option is not working on OSF1

There r 2 servers. Lets call them S1 and S2.. S1 is OSF1 and S2 is SunOS.. One directory of S2 is mounted on S1. say abc/xyz There is one application which continuously put xml files in that directory (on S2). If we give command “ls -lrt” on S2 it gives proper output.. (i.e. gives list... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asmita
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub option of awk command not working with "\" character.

Hi all, I would like to replace some string in a text file by some string which would contains special characters like "/","\". I.e. I have a text file with the statement contactperson somewhere in it. Now I want to replace it by something else which includes special characters like "/","\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shareef
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

who command option not working

Running HP 11.31 on a HP3600. But when I log in as a user the who command works but if I use an option like "who -m" I get nothing. Any thoughts on what is causing this problem. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMRWHUNTER
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

daystart option not working in find command

Hi, I am trying to list all the files created / modified today in a directory. With reference to this thread, https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/20324-capture-all-today-files.html I have used the below command to list all the files modified today. find . -daystart -type f... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

~c is not working properly with -r option

Hi There, --------- file1 ------- ~c asd@ac.com -------------- Now i am using below command cat file1|mailx -s " testing" -r " My Name" abc@tech.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapan Sharma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep not working with -f option

Hi, I am trying to find out patterns in file 1 using patterns stored in file 2. Following is the code FILE1=inputfilename FILE2=blacklist blacklist 1203 97715555 20afEOF egrep -f $FILE2 $FILE1 but the above code is not working either using egrep or grep. Just for your... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

-v and -f option for grep not working

In solaris, i m trying to find the files having a particulat extension and then from the list i want to exclude those files which is present in a file. But it seems the -f and -v option are not working find $source -type f -name $extn | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -F -v -f $exclude | while read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
7 Replies

9. AIX

SQLPLUS -S option not working

Hi All, I am using the following script to run some sql on database but i am not getting the result. When i tried the same by removing "-s" option it is working fine but getting other things as well with my input as shown below. Can anyone please suggest why "-s" option is not working in AIX and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth option of find command not working

Can you please figure out what is the issue here $ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -size 0 -print find: bad option -maxdepth please find the OS details $ uname -a HP-UX g5u1216 B.11.31 U ia64 2614088426 unlimited-user license Use code tags, thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
6 Replies
tableau-parm(1) 														   tableau-parm(1)

NAME
tableau-parm - Tableau Write-blocking Bridge Query/Command Utility SYNOPSIS
tableau-parm [-r] device DESCRIPTION
tableau-parm is designed to interact with write-blocking forensics bridges produced by Tableau, LLC. It can be used to query bridges for various bridge and device data, as well as to disable DCO regions. OPTIONS
tableau-parm accepts the following parameters: -r Directs tableau-parm to permanently remove a DCO, if it exists. THIS WILL MODIFY THE STATE OF THE DRIVE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! (It is recommended for forensics investigations, that a full drive image be taken before this command is run, and then again afterward if a DCO was detected originally.) Note: after running this, you'll need to restart the Tableau bridge for it to correctly detect the changes. device Required argument. Specifies the device file for the bridge/drive to be queried. This must be a device presenting SCSI emulation. Under Linux, all USB and FireWire mass storage devices behave like SCSI devices. Once a bridge and drive are plugged in and powered on, one can generally find out what the device was dynamically mapped to by running: dmesg | tail -20 OUTPUT
tableau-parm generates simple output with one data value per line, interspersed with blank lines and section headers. This output format is subject to change. EXAMPLES
To query a bridge which is mapped to /dev/sda: tableau-parm /dev/sda To remove a DCO from the hard drive on /dev/sda: tableau-parm -r /dev/sda BUGS
Older versions of ATA and SATA Tableau firmwares didn't properly handle HPA and DCO on some types of drives. Be sure to upgrade your block- ers' firmwares using the firmware update utility, version 4.2 or later, which was released on July 5, 2007. This is not really a bug, but something to note: when a drive has both an HPA and DCO section, and the DCO is removed, the HPA is removed with it. This is how the bridge firmware works, and isn't something controlled by tableau-parm. Just something to be aware of. CREDITS
Copyright (C) 2007,2009 Timothy D. Morgan Copyright (C) 1999,2001,2006,2007 D. Gilbert tableau-parm was written by Timothy D. Morgan using portions of SCSI example code written by D. Gilbert. Tableau, LLC cooperated in the development of this tool by providing documentation on the proprietary SCSI interfaces and assisted in test- ing. Without their help, this tool would not have been possible. Tableau, LLC does not endorse or warrant this code in any way. LICENSE
Please see the file "LICENSE" included with this software distribution. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License version 3 for more details. SEE ALSO
hdparm(1) sdparm(1) Forensics Utilities 30 September 2009 tableau-parm(1)