Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: General Linux Questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers General Linux Questions Post 100104 by Perderabo on Thursday 23rd of February 2006 09:24:29 PM
Old 02-23-2006
Please read our rules.

(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat linux questions??

1. is redhat linux 7.3 the latest version ?? 2. where can i find FREE documentation regarding it ?? installation , etc... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

2. Linux

Linux questions

Hi everyone, I came from a diffrent UNIX background and am trying to learn Linux (Red Hat) in a hurry. I would be very grateful if you could help me with the following questions. I know the answers for questions 1, 3, and 4 in a Sun Solaris environment, but not in Linux... Thanks in advance for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enigma777
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

General Unix Questions !!

1. How do we know what is my machine name and what is its IP address? (in Solaris) 2. If i want to know the amount of physical CPUs a Unix Box possesses (LINUX and/or Solaris) then what command i have to look. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
5 Replies

4. Linux

some questions about linux system.

Hi,i am a newbie in linux,l have some questions when i study unix system.Could you help me?thx. Q1:an linux file system is broken,it can not be mounted after system boot up .how to recover it? Q2:When the UNIX system shore memory is not enough,how to change the system paramenters? Q3:How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneryee
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Questions about Unix/Linux

Hello all. Im a young lad with very limited experience with computers, even though I have been playing with them the past 5 years. I have the experience of the random World of Warcraft player that plays games all day. I have a huge interest in learning everything about computers and I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Lots of questions about linux.

I am about 2 months new to Linux, and have only limited experience with PCLinuxOS, (kde) and Redhat. I am installing the latest version of PClinuxOS on my wife's PC right now but running into a problem I dont understand. I have never seen it before so i thought i'd ask how I can get around it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sparc or x86 - General questions

Hi all, Now Sun provides a large range of x86 servers and Solaris is running fine on both x86/sparc. For new projects mainly running Oracle DB on SAN, I am wondering which architecture is best for our new projets. As we won't go for high end servers (using around 4 or 8 Cpu's par host is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manifesto
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Few questions on unix/linux

Hi , please give few answers for this questions:confused::confused: ...thanks in advance What shell do you use when you log in to a UNIX/Linux host? What command will show you the shell you're using? Describe 5 things you can do in Linux/UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hecker007
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux questions

Sorry for the dumb question......I got my B.S. in computer science Amazing how I don't these answers).....I wrote mostly in the language C in my college career. I wrote all my programs using a windows application for writing C.....and then after testing it, I would upload it to a UNIX system and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bruuuuce78
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

General questions related to patching and servers

Hi, Can you answer the following ? How to identify server is physical or virtual server ? Why often patching is done in servers ?What is the purpose of doing OS patching in servers. ? Regards, Maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
rt-email-dashboards(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					    rt-email-dashboards(8)

NAME
rt-email-dashboards - Send email dashboards SYNOPSIS
rt-email-dashboards [options] DESCRIPTION
This tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards. A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed. Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise. SETUP
You'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab entry to do this. 0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /opt/rt4/local/sbin/rt-email-dashboards This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further tweaking to be run as the correct user. OPTIONS
This tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging. -h --help Display this documentation --dryrun Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't actually generate or email any of them --time SECONDS Instead of using the current time to figure out which dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st, 1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007). --epoch SECONDS Back-compat for --time SECONDS. --all Ignore subscription frequency when considering each dashboard (should only be used with --dryrun for testing and debugging) perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-dashboards(8)