does any bodys know how to ?

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers does any bodys know how to ?
# 1  
Old 05-27-2003
does any bodys know how to ?

how do i get rid of tsr's in my system i think that it has hit my hdd and keeps messing up my root partion tell me if i'm wrong.
amicrawler2000
# 2  
Old 05-27-2003
tsr's? Can you be a bit more specific!! Please provide more information with regards to the system you are running, and the problem you are having!! A little information goes a long way.
# 3  
Old 05-28-2003
if by tsr's you mean daemons. some are needed to make the system work properly.

why dont you start by listing the following when you post questions.

OS and VERSION:
Hardware:
Problem:
# 4  
Old 05-28-2003
Also post if you are attempting to load Mandrake on a dual-boot system and what the other OS is.

(This is assuming that your current problem has to do with your other post where your MBR keeps disappearing)
# 5  
Old 05-28-2003
Bug

i have mandrake9.0 on a x86 p3-866
my mbr keeps dissapering and i did a diag on the hard drive and it sayes its fine from wester digitail no errors in eather test
but mandrake sayes that there are some bad superblocks in the system when i did a fsck in sayed that and then my mbr disappers or after i install the invida drivers then i reboot
and do a upgrade and every thing appers to be ok nivida comes up oh what do i need for nividia drivers do i need the src kernal
and the bin kernal and libncurse and nvidai glx becuse mandrake offers 2 diffrent kernals 1 is 30MB's and 1 is 374k and when i in stall my os at the end it asks me where do i want to put the mrb
in the 1st sec of the root or the 1st sec of the drive were do i put it and were is it best to put it
amicrawler2000
# 6  
Old 05-28-2003
Are you running a dual boot system?
# 7  
Old 05-28-2003
Bug

no i am not runnig a 2 boot system i have a real xp drive from my mandrake i use hot swaps drives
amicrawler2000

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread
Login or Register to Ask a Question