Keyboard shotcut for switching workspace

Operating Systems Solaris Keyboard shotcut for switching workspace
# 1  
Old 10-13-2005
Keyboard shotcut for switching workspace

sunOS/Solaris 5.8

is there a keyboard shortcut to swicth workspaces?
# 2  
Old 10-22-2005
That depends entirely o the window manager you use, for most it is something that is user configurable. I like to set meta + cursor to control mine since the keys are spaced just about perfectly for a first/last finger combination key.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a long print string to shotcut form in perl?

print "1.readfromfile\n2.add_ex1(4,5)\n3.add_ex2(11,5)\n4.add_ex3(9,3)\n5.add_ex4(91,4)\n"; How to do it in this form: print "1.readfromfile\n 2.add_ex1(4,5)\n 3.add_ex2(11,5)\n 4.add_ex3(9,3)\n 5.add_ex4(91,4)\n"; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening programs in a different workspace

Hello, I have been searching for a way to spawn new processes in a different workspace with no luck. Does anyone know how to do this at the command prompt. I wish to do something like this. >vi a.txt & | workspace 2 is there any way to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ineedhelp#1
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

printer in the workspace

Experts, How to configure to add the printer icon in the workspace. I compared with C3700 and C8000 machine the C3700 have it but in C8000 didnt appeared. they are both running hpux 11.11. apprciate your inputs. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question