Hi ,

Thanks in advance

I need to open a server by using .bat file by writing the command in .bat file

please help me
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if Remote server is up and running before SFTP'ing files (in batch mode)

Hello, In our Data Warehouse environment, before our batch SFTP jobs kick off to pull the files from remote servers, I would like to setup a pre-sftp job that would test if all the remote servers from where the files are being pulled, are up and running. If any one of the remote serer is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dippu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

7. Web Development

batch upload (add) to server on zen cart

total noob here ppl so go easy please i am opening an online store, using zencart 1.3.8 and i am new to it, but i have to add products manually one by one, i read that i can batch add products using csv file, altho i never totally understood how to do it. any advice how to do it? guidance ? or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maganinooo
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to open .zip file on a server

I want to open a file with .zip format on a remote server. How willi do that thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

9. AIX

Script to start a remote batch job on another server

Hi , I am trying to execute one script residing on server B from server A and in automated way but with a trigger. My main quetion are 1) How I will login to the remote server automatically with user name and password. ( rsh or any other way ?) 2) Once logged in I need to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent47
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
bup-server(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-server(1)

NAME
bup-server - the server side of the bup client-server relationship SYNOPSIS
bup server DESCRIPTION
bup server is the server side of a remote bup session. If you use bup-split(1) or bup-save(1) with the -r option, they will ssh to the remote server and run bup server to receive the transmitted objects. There is normally no reason to run bup server yourself. MODES
smart In this mode, the server checks each incoming object against the idx files in its repository. If any object already exists, it tells the client about the idx file it was found in, allowing the client to download that idx and avoid sending duplicate data. This is bup-server's default mode. dumb In this mode, the server will not check its local index before writing an object. To avoid writing duplicate objects, the server will tell the client to download all of its .idx files at the start of the session. This mode is useful on low powered server hard- ware (ie router/slow NAS). FILES
$BUP_DIR/bup-dumb-server Activate dumb server mode, as discussed above. This file is not created by default in new repositories. SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-split(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-server(1)