ORA-01403: no data found exception in cursor

Top Forums Programming ORA-01403: no data found exception in cursor
# 1  
Old 07-17-2011
SQL From Unix script for huge rows in cursor issue

Hi All,

I have cursor which is about to fetch 4,00,000 records and then I am performing the action in cursor.

I am running this sql using unix script.

But after some time , I see the job is no more exists but sql is also not completed.

what might be the reason.

Last edited by rshivarkar; 07-17-2011 at 11:12 PM..
# 2  
Old 07-22-2011
Always try to put code to get quick solution here...!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Passing the value of a cursor to another cursor

i have 2 cursors. i want to assign the value of first cursor(employee_id) to the where condition of cursor c2(please refer the bold statement). how do i do if i want to assign the value of c1 to where condition of cursor c2? declare cursor c1 IS select employee_id from employee cursor c2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

5. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. Programming

Problem FETCHing Long data type using CURSOR

Currently my Pro*c program is fetching a cloumn which is defined as LONG in oracle db. The data in the column is around 65k. But when I am FETCHing it to a varchar variable, I am only getting 22751 bytes of data using cursor. Is there any limitation on the data which is fetched by a cursor in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manbt
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to recover data from lost+found

Hi All, I am facing a problem of filesystem corruption,where i am trying to recover data with fsck -f <device name> ,now it restore the corrupted data in lost+found directory.Please let me know how to recover the data from lost+found directory. Thanks, Shailesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbapotikar
1 Replies

8. Linux

Handling "command not found" exception

hello friends, I am given a project to handle the command not found exception.I am using RED HAT 9. Generally, when we press a wrong command in the terminal: example :- " $cet " in place of " $cat ". Then we get this exception. But I need to give the output as the combinations that are possible... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i get the file name in which i found the data

Ex :- file.txt <fruits> <apple>redcolor<\apple> <banana>yellow color and it is<\banana> </fruits> i have a number of files in my directory in above fashion. i am searching for perticular data between the tags using this command nawk -F">" '{print $2}' *.txt | nawk -F"<" '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvr_satya
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script --- Delete ORA error from data file

Hi All, I have to make the following changes in shell script: When the data file is being created, an “ORA” error occurs in it. I have to remove this ORA error from data file and put it in log file. I am “ -n grip command” to find the ORA error and get the line number, How do I delete it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sk005
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question