VPN (vpnc) is not working combined with PPP (using wvdial (modem 3G))

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users VPN (vpnc) is not working combined with PPP (using wvdial (modem 3G))
# 1  
Old 09-02-2009
Question VPN (vpnc) is not working combined with PPP (using wvdial (modem 3G))

Hi all,

it's my first post here. I hope to find someone to help me, I've got a tweaky problem.
I've got a Netbook (Linpus) and a Notebook (Ubuntu), they connect fine on any hotspot with a wifi card.
I've configured my VPN, thanks to vpnc. It runs well through my wifi connexion.

I managed to configured my cel modem (wvdial), so I can access the 3G internet of my provider. It creates a PPP connexion.

So I guess that VPN is well configured, so that my PPP...

But, when I try to run my VPN through my 3G cel connexion, I receive the banner of VPN server, and then ... nothing. I cannot login in SSH on any server of the VPN domain.
But... I checked my /etc/resolv.conf and it has been well replaced to use the primary and secondary DNS of my company. An ifconfig command show me than I send packet but do not receive any on this VPN tunneling.

Has anyone here manage to use a VPN through a Cel connexion with linux ? I challenged several linux's forum, but network's experts are hard to find.

Thanks!

Patrick

Last edited by radoulov; 09-02-2009 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: removed unessecary url tags
# 2  
Old 09-04-2009
ouch, I think I gonna fail on this forum too. :^(
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Bash to append domain in search field of resolv.conf after vpnc connection in Linux

After vpn connection,I am not able to resolve any machines in remote gateway.It looks like remote domain is added to domain field instead of adding it to the Search field in /etc/resolv.conf I want the remote domain to add to search field along with local domain.Can anyone tell a bash or script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremy_brett
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

VPNC auto connect shell script

I need a script which connects to vpn (asks for password) then when its connected starts a terminal connection to a specified ip address. Can somebody help me with this please? Thank you in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsax64
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting for wvdial for dial-up

:cool:is there a way to script wvdail to save in a file the speed of the dailup and the time spent online, to be looked at later to compare what ISP's says????? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayburke30
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

CCP In PPP

Hi, I am using linux-2.6.10 mandrake. In which i am establishing PPP sessions with the peer.During the PPP negotiations i negotiate even CCP-deflate compression option. I just wanted to know the amount of memory which is being used in kernel space by the compression algorithms,when a ccp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to get Caller Id in PPP

hello I am workin with PPP to send data from dos machine to unix & Linux machine using FTP with help of fax & voice modem(Caller id Enabled & Exchange provides facility). i need to identify phone(number) connect with Dos machine i.e. to identify from where data is send. so i want to get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yspl
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question