Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix price
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix price Post 58188 by lianandre on Monday 15th of November 2004 05:30:52 PM
Old 11-15-2004
thank you

Thank you. Why I´ve asked? I have to talk about Linux and Open Source and I wanna know how much it is to make a comparison.

Bye

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Intel vs Dlink NIC Gigabyte price point difference

Hi, I wondering about intel and dlink gigabyte desktop nic card price point, May i ask if someone know the difference between the two gigabyte nic card, I found at my local electronic store that theres a price difference between the two the intel is double the price of the dlink although the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies
in.talkd(1M)                                              System Administration Commands                                              in.talkd(1M)

NAME
in.talkd, talkd - server for talk program SYNOPSIS
in.talkd DESCRIPTION
talkd is a server used by the talk(1) program. It listens at the UDP port indicated in the ``talk'' service description; see services(4). The actual conversation takes place on a TCP connection that is established by negotiation between the two machines involved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), talk(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The protocol is architecture dependent. The in.talkd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/talk Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 31 Jul 2004 in.talkd(1M)