Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers network address and broadcast address? Post 43019 by norsk hedensk on Sunday 9th of November 2003 10:30:07 PM
Old 11-09-2003
see the output of the command:
'ifconfig'

if it dosnt work as a regular user, either su to root or try:
'/sbin/ifconfig'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

broadcast address

What is the significance of the broadcast address? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Solaris

bge card and broadcast address

I have a bge1 card and a bge0 card, i want the broadcast addresses to match, ifconfig shows this lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

3. AIX

NETWORK IP ADDRESS on HACMP

Hi, I try to understand how to configure my ethernet network in a hacmp cluster. I have 2 nodes, 3 lan port on each node, and 1 service ip to cluster. I don't have any serial o iscsi heartbeat. Do you suggest me a possibile ip address configuration? I've many error whene I verify it from hacmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hacmp
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

network and broadcast address

Hi Suppose You have two computers. One named kenny which has an IP address of 192.168.0.7. kenny lives on a subnet with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.240. The second computer is called zathras, which has an IP address of 192.168.0.17, zathras lives on a network with the same subnet mask. i)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scofiled83
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig - making netmask & broadcast address permanent?

hi, I am trying to configure one of my interfaces, but after reboot - i lose the changes to the netmask & broadcast address. I have added an entry in /etc/netmasks, but it doesnt pick up the new settings. any ideas - much appreciated. before reboot: eri0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fake network address....

Good morning! Why would having a fake network device be useful? Thanks in advance Bigben (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to give broadcast and network address

Hello, I am running a post script in autoyast where I am trying to set the broadcast and network address. I have the ip address and netmask already (reading from a file).. I saw the post from fpmurphy but it is using ksh which isn't an option in autoyast. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bloodclot
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Network address translation

How would one approach the problem of determining the NAT tables of a router without knowing the userid and password. The only password holder died. I know the internal ip address of the router is 192.168.2.1, and also ports 80 or 8080 and 3389 are open. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
FusionInventory::Agent::Tools::Linux(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 FusionInventory::Agent::Tools::Linux(3pm)

NAME
FusionInventory::Agent::Tools::Linux - Linux generic functions DESCRIPTION
This module provides some generic functions for Linux. FUNCTIONS
getDevicesFromUdev(%params) Returns a list of devices, by parsing udev database. Availables parameters: logger a logger object getDevicesFromHal(%params) Returns a list of devices, by parsing lshal output. Availables parameters: logger a logger object command the exact command to use (default: /usr/sbin/lshal) file the file to use, as an alternative to the command getDevicesFromProc(%params) Returns a list of devices, by parsing /proc filesystem. Availables parameters: logger a logger object getCPUsFromProc(%params) Returns a list of cpus, by parsing /proc/cpuinfo file Availables parameters: logger a logger object file the file to use (default: /proc/cpuinfo) getInfoFromSmartctl(%params) Returns some information about a drive, using smartctl. Availables parameters: logger a logger object device the device to use file the file to use getInterfacesFromIfconfig(%params) Returns the list of interfaces, by parsing ifconfig command output. Availables parameters: logger a logger object command the command to use (default: /sbin/ifconfig -a) file the file to use getInterfacesFromIp(%params) Returns the list of interfaces, by parsing ip command output. Availables parameters: logger a logger object command the command to use (default: /sbin/ip addr show) file the file to use perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 FusionInventory::Agent::Tools::Linux(3pm)