Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX installation and setup bootdisk Post 302969631 by lilyn on Thursday 24th of March 2016 06:27:22 PM
Old 03-24-2016
Thanks a lot MadeInGermany!

I missed : after fs0 Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootdisk for Sun Solaris?

where is the bootdisk for Sun Solaris 8 located? Is it on the install CD because i dont see a bootdisk image file or RAWRITE anywhere. I am really new to pure Unix (I've used Linux for a little while) and need help badly. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a bootdisk for Xandros

create a bootdisk for Xandros Hi, The bootdisk that comes with xandros linux is not useable for me. I need aha152x support, otherwise i can't access my cdrom at installation time. Can anybody help me buid a custom xandros bootdisk with aha152x support. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. Linux

create rootvg bootdisk

Hello, does anyone know how I can create a boot dvd with my fedora installation .... ie I am attempting to build a system identical to another production server so want to copy all files to cd and build the new system from that cd ,,, any ideas? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
2 Replies

4. SCO

Searching for Unix bootdisk

Hello. I need to reinstall my Unix Open Server Release: 5 on my Compaq proliant 800, but, my floppy bootdisk Release:5.0.4 is bad. Where can I download that version. That release of Unix is no longer supported by SCO. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junior Rod
4 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

installation question / vnc setup

hi, i am a new fedora9 user. i always confused about the usage of rpm and hope someone may clarify along with the VNC setup. let me use vnc installation as an example. I downloaded vnc rpm package from the official web site and it was automatically saved to /home/henry .. ok then i cd to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

DNS resolvers setup/installation ?

Hi all ! A basic but a tricky question though http://e1h7.simplecdn.net/lqcdn/images/questions/images/smilies/smile.gif] Ok, here it goes, we all use DNS resolvers on our servers, local machine, etc. They are necessary for resolving the domain names, etc. OpenDNS is one of the free DNS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: virusnet
2 Replies
eli(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    eli(8)

Name
       eli - error log initialization program

Syntax
       eli [ options ]

Description
       The command initializes error logging.  This command enables error logging of hardware and system-related error packets, or error messages,
       from the kernel errorlog buffer.  It can also disable error logging, reconfigure error logging parameters, or initialize the kernel  error-
       log buffer.

Options
       -d     Disables error logging.

-e     Enables error logging in multiuser mode.

-f     Forces the subsequent option; the system will not prompt.  This is the only command option you can use with another option.

-h     Prints information about the command.

-i     Initializes the kernel errorlog buffer.  The previous contents of the errorlog buffer are lost.

-l     Logs a one-line status message to the kernel errorlog buffer.

-n     Only supported for local error logging.  Disables logging error packets to disk by the daemon. High priority error messages continue
	      to be printed at the console.  Note that error log packets can be viewed by using the option in real time, but are never written	to
	      the disk.  For this reason, this option is rarely used.

-q     Suppresses the periodic display, on the console, of the missed error message that results from a full kernel errorlog buffer.

-r     Reconfigures error logging.  Use this option after changing the file.

-s     Enables error logging in single-user mode.

-w     Enables the missed error message to appear on the console every 15 minutes.  This option is the opposite of

Examples
       This example logs a one-line message into the errorlog file.
       eli -f -l "This is a test message"
       This example logs a message, up to and including the first new line, from the file
       eli -f -l < myfile > /dev/null

Restrictions
       You must have superuser privileges to use the command.

Only the -f option can be used with other options.  You must use the syntax shown in the examples above.

Diagnostics
       eli: Request Aborted.
       The requested action was aborted.  The reason for the aborted command is included with the output.

Files
See Also
       elcsd.conf(5), elcsd(8), uerf(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

eli(8)