Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10. Post 302878651 by nongrato on Saturday 7th of December 2013 06:38:47 PM
Old 12-07-2013
Sun Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10.

Hi, everyone!

I would like to try OpenStep for Solaris on my Sun Ultra 10 machine, so I installed all required packages, the problem is that OpenStep requires screen DPI to be set to 72x72 while my current dpi is 90x90. So how do I change the dpi?

Thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Changing Screen Resolution

I have installed Solaris 10 over vmware onto my machine. Now when I want to change my screen resolution it only has one option which is 800x600. Is there a way to change that to a bigger resollution? And if there is, what file do I have to edit and what text editor do I have to use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing my Screen Resolution (Not in X)

I have no graphical environment, no X, just a shell... but its WAY bigger than my monitor... what do I do? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Someone's got to know... Screen resolution question.

Hi all, Someone please help, I have a machine running Sun Solaris 5.8. X used to run fine, not it can't start. (possible user intervention) It looks to be trying to run at 1280x1024. I don't think the hardware will support it, it seems high. Anyways, how from the commandline, via ssh, can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
4 Replies

4. Solaris

screen resolution

how to change screen resolution in CDE prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get current X screen resolution

Hi, I need to get the current X*Y resolution of X in a shell script. xrandr -q gives me a line like this: Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 1200, maximum 3080 x 1600 How can I extract the X and Y current resolution values? sed, awk, cut or any other console solution is welcomed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcfx44
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Screen resolution before and after login

system: Fedora14 on vmware the login screen resolution is 1024*768, but after login the resolution is 800*600. I want to set the login screen resolution as 800*600 too. How to do this? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the screen resolution

I have installed several flavors of Linux and FreeBSD onto my machine. Now when I want to change my screen resolution, it only has one option which is 800x600. Is there a way to change that to a bigger resolution? And if there is, what file do I have to edit and what text editor do I have to use?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Screen Resolution

Hi all. I have a very peculiar problem in Solaris 10. The output of the m64config -prconf command with regards the Card Adapter is the following. Card possible resolutions: 720x400x85, 640x480x60, 640x480x72, 640x480x75 800x600x56, 800x600x60, 800x600x72, 800x600x75, 1024x768x60 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxman
0 Replies
pbmtopsg3(29 June 2001)                                                                                                    pbmtopsg3(29 June 2001)

NAME
pbmtopsg3 - convert PBM images to Postscript with G3 fax compression SYNOPSIS
pbmtopsg3 [--title=title] [--dpi=dpi] [filespec] DESCRIPTION
Converts the PBM images in the input PBM file to pages in a Postscript file encoded with G3 fax compression. If you don't specify filespec, the input is from Standard Input. Remember that you can create a multi-image PBM file simply by concatenating single-image PBM files, so if each page is in a different file, you might do: cat faxpage* | pbmtopsg3 >fax.ps OPTIONS
-title The Postscript title value. Default is no title. -dpi The resolution of the Postscript output. Default is 72 dpi. SEE ALSO
pnmtops(1), pstopnm(1), gs(1), pstopnm(1), pbmtolps(1), pbmtoepsi(1), pbmtog3(1), g3topbm(1), pbm(5) pbmtopsg3(29 June 2001)