Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service Post 302786725 by hergp on Thursday 28th of March 2013 05:46:12 AM
Old 03-28-2013
It bet, this is a SELinux related problem. On the server system, run this command as root

Code:
setsebool -P ftp_home_directory 1

It is necessary to allow read and write access to user home directories.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ftp connect from unix to NT machine

I've read some of the threads on here about ftping. It seems most relate to ftp-ing from one unix environment to another. What I'm looking for is a way to ftp files from unix out to an windows NT machine that is connected to a network. If anyone has a simple or complex example, I would sure... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthreedhr
8 Replies

2. Programming

program to transfer a file from client machine to server

1. we have a client & server ,and TFTP is running on the server. 2.we have 3 files a.exe,b.exe,c.exe in the client machine....we need to transfer all the 3 files to the server and store it into a DIR... 3.then we need to check in the server whetehr all the three files are sucessfully... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Explor the Unix server on Windows Client machine

Hi, I am doin a project that'll work as a normal Explorer on Windows but the best thing is it'll be exploring the content of a UNIX server. The application would be runnin on the windows platform with probably a FTP server on UNIX server. How i should proceed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziaullahk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to shutdown client machine from the server

I have a unix server through which some ten client machines are connected. I want to shutdown/restart all the machine from the server through the shell script during the particular time of the day. I welcome your suggestions. Thanks in advance. With regards Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I connect a hpux10.x os machine to "the internet" via a WinXP client?

I am wondering how can I cross this technical border of my ignorance for quite sometime, 6 months to be more exact, and just don't get it quite. I did read some newbies' literatures on UNIX OS but could not find the key to unlock the HP workstations (OS dated 1997 maybe because the man page... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liumx2000
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutting down a client machine from server using scripts

Hi, i have several client machines connected to a server..how do i shutdown a specific client from server using shell scripts?? is it possible to use socket programming to establish a connection before doing this? (need a code in 'c') thanking you tanvi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanvi
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

8. Solaris

machine server and machine client

Hello, i need to create a communication between two machines solaris 2 installed in VM workstation; to begin with NFS and do these : Machine A : share -F nfs /opt and in Machine B : mount -F nfs machineA:/opt /mnt also share -F nfs -o rw=machineB /opt and in B mount -F nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies
gpg_pinentry_selinux(8) 				    SELinux Policy gpg_pinentry 				   gpg_pinentry_selinux(8)

NAME
gpg_pinentry_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the gpg_pinentry processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the gpg_pinentry processes via flexible mandatory access control. The gpg_pinentry processes execute with the gpg_pinentry_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps command with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep gpg_pinentry_t ENTRYPOINTS
The gpg_pinentry_t SELinux type can be entered via the pinentry_exec_t file type. The default entrypoint paths for the gpg_pinentry_t domain are the following: /usr/bin/pinentry.* PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux gpg_pinentry policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their gpg_pinentry processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for gpg_pinentry: gpg_pinentry_t Note: semanage permissive -a gpg_pinentry_t can be used to make the process type gpg_pinentry_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to permissive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. gpg_pinentry policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run gpg_pinentry with the tightest access possible. If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server, you must turn on the authlo- gin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 If you want to allow confined applications to use nscd shared memory, you must turn on the nscd_use_shm boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P nscd_use_shm 1 If you want to allow regular users direct dri device access, you must turn on the selinuxuser_direct_dri_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P selinuxuser_direct_dri_enabled 1 If you want to support ecryptfs home directories, you must turn on the use_ecryptfs_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_ecryptfs_home_dirs 1 If you want to support fusefs home directories, you must turn on the use_fusefs_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_fusefs_home_dirs 1 If you want to support NFS home directories, you must turn on the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 If you want to support SAMBA home directories, you must turn on the use_samba_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_samba_home_dirs 1 If you want to allows clients to write to the X server shared memory segments, you must turn on the xserver_clients_write_xshm boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P xserver_clients_write_xshm 1 If you want to support X userspace object manager, you must turn on the xserver_object_manager boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P xserver_object_manager 1 NSSWITCH DOMAIN
If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server for the gpg_pinentry_t, you must turn on the authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos for the gpg_pinentry_t, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type gpg_pinentry_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. cache_home_t /root/.cache(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.nv(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.cache(/.*)? gpg_pinentry_tmpfs_t pulseaudio_home_t /root/.pulse(/.*)? /root/.config/pulse(/.*)? /root/.esd_auth /root/.pulse-cookie /home/[^/]*/.pulse(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.config/pulse(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.esd_auth /home/[^/]*/.pulse-cookie user_fonts_cache_t /root/.fontconfig(/.*)? /root/.fonts/auto(/.*)? /root/.fonts.cache-.* /home/[^/]*/.fontconfig(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.fonts/auto(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.fonts.cache-.* xserver_tmpfs_t COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), gpg_pinentry(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) gpg_pinentry 14-06-10 gpg_pinentry_selinux(8)